Programatically save control to a .ctl file using scripting

viSci

Unfortunately the Save Instrument method is not available in the LV run time and I would not want to place that restriction on this application.

I am trying to create a way to save all of the properties of a graph control. There used to be a property saver vi that was alluded to in some posts from a few years ago

but the link is now broken. (I imagine it would be pretty hard to keep that kind of vi working for each release of LV)

You can find the property saver here - http://www.kshif.com/lv/index.html

There are methods called Get Property and Set Property which I believe should allow generic setting of properties. However, if memory serves, the require a 1D array of integers to identify the property (which you have no way of finding out) and I believe I remember someone from NI saying that they're not actually used anywhere, so they might be unsafe.

• Like 1

Wow! Konstantin Shifershteyn is a monster LabVIEW programmer. Amazingly it still works perfectly for Graph Controls even though it was last compiled in LV 8.5. Unfortunately

it uses many deprecated properties and thus is not really safe to use :(

I really wonder why NI could not give us a hand with this kind of thing.