Can I override private data?

The child constructor may or may not (often not) have the same creation requirements on the parent class data fields.

That's cool. Oppositely, I find it handy most of the time as the constructor has data inputs for parent data that I just wire in when calling it in the child.

Nope... almost never in fact. I'm not constructing a parent object, I'm constructing a child object, so calling a parent constructor seems out of place to me and makes the code more confusing (IMO.) The child constructor may or may not (often not) have the same creation requirements on the parent class data fields.

Daklu: Your opinion is probably shared by most LV users who haven't worked in other languages because LV doesn't have constructors with parameters. If it did, you would probably find yourself wanting to reuse your parent's constructors about as often as you want to use the Call Parent Node in any other method.