How to submit a blog entry?

Ton, I would love to open up the Blogs. I think this feature was set hidden because of lack of interest from users. However, the feature is still there but is disabled.

How many of you are interested in blogging on LAVA?

I guess it depends on the visibility, and therefore interaction, and whether there are any advantages over simply posting to the forums. Similar to Ton, I could imagine a few things that might make useful blog posts (i.e. they don't fit naturally into any of the forums), but whether that translates into an ongoing stream that is actually interesting is another matter.

New site, new posts. Let's look forward into the future, not the past. Of course we have learned from our mistakes and are smarter for it.

The blogs will be featured in the navbar and there are several entry points in the forums where you will interact with them. Also, people can comment on your posts and discuss like in the forums. I'll look at turning it on soon and you can try them out.

I see there is already an option in the "New Content" page to see new blog content. Seeing as the settings at the left of this page are retained, it would be great if multiple content types could be selected - for example, I'd choose to see all new forum, code, and blog entries all on one page. Perhaps it gets a little difficult with the various sections within some of the content types, but if the default was, say, forum+blog entries, that would do a lot to ensure the visibility of blog posts.