scrolling an object

Yes, thanks  :worship:

Oh, the diagram have a grit, too  :o   :thumbup:

Someone said you can enable the grid alignment with a shortcut, is this right?

2033[/snapback]

While moving an object with grid on, hit "g" to toggle the grid.

On a related note, use "a" to toggle wire autorouting on the diagram.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone else noticed that if you have several items spaced out just the way you want them, then you select them all and hit shift-up|down|left|right that as they move they INDIVIDUALLY snap to the gird, ruining your spacing? Most annoying.

3267[/snapback]

Haven't noticed that yet, but you can use the 'Group' feature from the 'Reorder' icon menu to group those items into one grouped item so they keep their spacing

Has anyone else noticed that if you have several items spaced out just the way you want them, then you select them all and hit shift-up|down|left|right that as they move they INDIVIDUALLY snap to the gird, ruining your spacing? Most annoying.

3267[/snapback]

I honestly have never used the Grid feature... . It's one of those things I always turn off. It's easier to align things relative to other controls rather than the grid. The grid is never in the right place that I want it to be. Most of the time, what looks natural to the eye does not conform to the grid. I realize this was a "most requested feature" from NI customers... I think I requested it as well :P . But in practice, no good.

...I realize this was a "most requested feature" from NI customers... I think I requested it as well  :P . But in practice, no good.

3290[/snapback]

I think the grid is useful and has its place, but is also in need of a little more refinement before it is fully ready for prime time. Don't get me wrong, I am very glad NI implemented it and don't want to seem ungrateful. I just wish it had a few things "polished up" a bit. Perhaps in LV 8?