Labview installer

Just got a new laptop after the screen went on my old one. Started installing LabVIEW (2010) from the DVDs and all the install dialogs look as though they have been resized so you can’t see the buttons or the check boxes, of course they cant be resized, so I cant resize them to see the hidden controls.

Has anyone else seen this issue and found a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Could you either post a screenshot or explain a little more. Are you saying the window doesn't fit on the screen? I'd recommend increasing the resolution of your monitor if that is the case.

Alternatively you can run the installers of the products you want to install by browsing the Distributions folder on the DVD.

He didn't need to change thing. Windows 7 has this "Font size" setting, and for small screens (like laptops) it automatically sets it to 125%.

For most NI software it is possible to create the ini file that is named the same as the exe, and adjust the font size in there.

You create a section that ha the name of the application and adjust font sizes. This is from my "Example Finder" ini file:

[NIExampleFinder]

appFont="0" 18

dialogFont="2" 18

systemFont="1" 18[/CODE]

Maybe the same will work for the setup file.

Cheers, Mike

He didn't need to change thing. Windows 7 has this "Font size" setting, and for small screens (like laptops) it automatically sets it to 125%.

I don't think I've ever seen this automatically set to 125%, even on Windows 7. At least I've never seen it set to that on any of the laptops we have here at work, whether the OS came preinstalled from the vendor or whether it was a clean install from disk.

It is the default on my work computer -- a Lenovo T61 laptop with Windows 7.

Likewise. It might be set by certain graphics drivers, or the fact that the T61 is a widescreen, or any other number of things. I have also installed Win7 on a laptop and had this setting default to 100%, so there's some kind of criteria.