Converting TDMS data to SQLite

viSci

I have a TDMS file structure that holds calibration tables each with associated DUT header information (SN, Model Number, Manufacturer, etc) assigned as Group Properties. In SQLite it seems that I must lay everything out as a flat table, first columns being the DUT header variables and then the last column being a blob or xml string representing my cal table data. I was wondering if I am overlooking some better way of organizing the data...

I have a TDMS file structure that holds calibration tables each with associated DUT header information (SN, Model Number, Manufacturer, etc) assigned as Group Properties. In SQLite it seems that I must lay everything out as a flat table, first columns being the DUT header variables and then the last column being a blob or xml string representing my cal table data. I was wondering if I am overlooking some better way of organizing the data...

Your data will (should) be split over multiple tables (whether SQLite , MySQL, or access etc). So your DUT header info will be in one table and results in another, maybe the blobs in another. They will all reference each other via IDs. It depends how you want to set up your schema, but group properties and results would be different tables.