A query on queues: how to retrieve the number of remaining refnums

Daklu, I'm not trying to be difficult here but rather would like to understand how a LVOOP singleton would have much less dependency tree effect here. Yes Obtain and Release would be two different method VIs and the data dependency between these two would be through the LVOOP object wire instead of encapsulated in the single FGV. But that would decouple only the Obtain and Release operation as far as the hierarchy tree is concerned, not the fact that you use this object in various, possibly very loosely coupled clients. I say loosely coupled since they obviously have at least one common dependency, namely the protected resource in the singleton. And while easy extensibility is always nice to have, I'm not sure I see much possibility for that in such singleton objects.

Would you care to elaborate on the dependency tree effect in this specific case and maybe also give an example of a desirable extension that would be much harder to add to the FGV than the LVOOP singleton?

Another thread perhaps?

Would you care to elaborate on the dependency tree effect in this specific case and maybe also give an example of a desirable extension that would be much harder to add to the FGV than the LVOOP singleton?

Umm... to be honest I'd rather not. You seem to be genuinely interested in the benefits of LVOOP as I perceive them, so I'll set aside my reluctance and take another stab at explaining my thinking.

However, the answer is not simple and it will take me several days to compose a reply. (I've already written 1500 words and I've only gotten through the background information.) In the end anything I write will, in my opinion, inadequately encompass the entirety of the reason I prefer the OO implementation.

I'll create a new thread and post a link here.