Latching problem

Dear all,

I want to latch the two condition separately whenever it satisfies and some where am missing something to latch ..kindly help me to get rid out of this . lemme explain

If condition one falls on the range 3 to 10 then it should be latched as True no matter what then.

if condition two falls on the range 0 to 2 then it should be latched as False and has to reset the condition 1 and vice versa .

Herewith i have attached the VI for your kind persual. am waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks in advance.

latching.vi

@jcarmody n @AustinCann

thanks for your reply...

@jcarmody

Single input has to check two condition as indicated in my first post...just for understanding purpose, i had shown three output..actually X + Y indicated in the program is the correct output rest of them not required...

@AustinCan

As am not updated to version 11, i couldnt open your vi in the version 10. could you please upload it in v10. thank you

single input --->it has to check two condition here and latch accordingly---> single case structure --->single output

please ask me anymore input u need to understand further.

Thanks in advance

If condition one falls on the range 3 to 10 then it should be latched as True no matter what then.

if condition two falls on the range 0 to 2 then it should be latched as False and has to reset the condition 1 and vice versa .

What shoud the output be when the input is less than 0, between 2 and 3 or greater than 10?

@jcarmody

assume there wont be negative value as well as greater than 10 ...if i connect any sensor that will start from 0 to 10...if something found..value will be varying 3 to 10 but problem is sometimes it comes to zero at any instant due to error this should not be happened...thats y i want to latch it as true...if nothing found 0 will be the value from sensor but due to tolerance limit sometimes it will also be varying from 0 to 2 at any instant , this value i want to latch as false and this will be continued...hope u understand the problem...and help me out of this...

Thank you very much for your reply again...

I don't understand what you mean by 'latch'. It sounds like you want to ignore the occasional error when the input comes to zero (0-2) and keep the output True, but for how long? Perhaps you mean that whatever condition exists at the beginning of execution should persist throughout. Do you want the output to be True if it begins between 3 and 10 and never go False, regardless of changes in the input?

@jcarmody

yes exactly, i want to ignore the occasional error..output will be true until (0-2) conditions falls on the range and change it to false similarly output will be false(latch) until (3-10) falls on the range and change it to true(latch)...hope u understand...

Do you want the output to be True if it begins between 3 and 10 and never go False, regardless of changes in the input?

yes exactly thats where i want to latch it as true until it falls on the range 0-2. but problem is some time it touches 1 or 2 and latch has been released and it goes to false due to this overshooting occurs in the output..it should be true until it touches 0... hope u understand..

Thanks for your reply

@jcarmody...

i always thought of true or false for case structure ..it dint strke me at all this simple method instead i tried something complex...thanks for your solution... its really good ...i cud avoid that occassional error but that 0 rare error bit difficult to avoid ...will try to increase the loop speed to avoid that instant 0 error which happens in rare occassion. anyhow dude....thanks for your reply and solution...really nice talking to you...

Edited by Raviramesh