Graph cursor problem

Hi all,

i am relativly new to LabView. I am working on an editor for digital data. To display my data i use a Digital Waveform Graph. To do the editing i am using the cursorpos i read out of the property node. But when I try to set the cursorpos either by typing in a numerical value in the cursorpalette or programatically by writing to the property node, I end up with wrong values!?!

For example, the graph diplays data from 0 to 10000, I type 487 for X-cursorpos and LabView alters my input to 480 and places the cursor at 480.

I tried some values

[typed-input -> altered to]

487 -> 480

488 -> 495

500 -> 495

502 -> 495

503 -> 510

518 -> 525

Is this the normal behaviour?

Greetings

Goetz Becker

Hi all,

i am relativly new to LabView. I am working on an editor for digital data. To display my data i use a Digital Waveform Graph. To do the editing i am using the cursorpos i read out of the property node. But when I try to set the cursorpos either by typing in a numerical value in the cursorpalette or programatically by writing to the property node, I end up with wrong values!?!

For example, the graph diplays data from 0 to 10000, I type 487 for X-cursorpos and LabView alters my input to 480 and places the cursor at 480.

I tried some values

487 -> 480

488 -> 495

500 -> 495

502 -> 495

503 -> 510

518 -> 525

Greetings

Goetz Becker

2707[/snapback]

Goetz,

probably the cursor is locked to the waveform.

Unlock it by right click on the lock and choose free.

Manfred :book:

Hi all,

I tried some values

487 -> 480

488 -> 495

500 -> 495

502 -> 495

503 -> 510

518 -> 525

Greetings

Goetz Becker

2707[/snapback]

With regard to yor data: Have you actual 10k samples? If you connect an array indicator, what values do you actual see if you at register(location)ie 487

Why not do your editoring via data handling , then present result via Graph ?

What is your plot resolutio :rolleyes: n?

chow

xseadog

With regard to yor data: Have you  actual 10k samples? If you connect an array indicator, what values do you actual see if you at register(location)ie 487

Why not do your editoring via data handling , then present result via Graph ?

What is your plot resolutio :rolleyes: n?

chow

xseadog

2713[/snapback]

Yes I tried with full and sparse data, every time the same.

Don

• 18 years later...

I lost 2 workdays with this exact problem but I have a solution so I'll post it in the only part on the internet this matter is discussed. Even if it's almost 10 years after it was published.

PROBLEM: Labview waveform graph would round cursor on X values like Götz described.

TROUBLESHOOT: First I checked what xseadog proposes, maybe the data doesn't actualy hold these values I'm trying to access: Right click on the graph, export to excel and check it has your value, it did have it in my case but I couldn't access it on the graph wether I manualy moved the cursor or I typed on the cursor box.

SOLUTION: If you want to know the Y value for a certain X your cursor can't acces use the 4 diamond arrows to the left of the cursor box to move through the data, these for some reason can access all of your data points.