[CR] Wire And Connect Quick Drop Plugin

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=229

Name: Wire And Connect Quick Drop Plugin
Submitter: bbean
Submitted: 03 Apr 2013
Category: *Uncertified*
LabVIEW Version: 2012
License Type: BSD (Most common)

This Quick Drop (QD) plugin complements the functionality of the built-in QD plugin (CTL-Space-CTL-D) by wiring between selected controls, indicators, constants, and SubVIs.

Default Shortcut - [W]
Normal Operation
Wires selected nodes in left to right order.  Attempts to connect any common unwired terminals in between the far left and right nodes by checking the datatype, Name, or Caption.
Holding Shift and the Shortuct:
Wires controls to unwired far left Node terminals and indicators to unwired far right node terminals.  

This is just something I put together as my first attempt at a Quick Drop plugin.  Something similar has been done previously to wire the corners of subVIs using the right click framework by user JCC_(SK): RCF Plugin - Wire Nodes by Corner - https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8386 . Code for this plugin was developed prior to knowledge of the JCC_(SK) RCF code and probably doesn't function as well since it hasn't been tested thoroughly. However this plugin is for quick drop and has some added capability to wire up all like terminals but can suffer from potential overzealous wiring. Just delete extra wires if necessary. Thanks to the NI guys for creating the QD template with good instructions.  Someone may have done this already but I'm putting this out for comment anyway.

Click here to download this file

Edited by bbean
  • Like 1