Get executable version during install

This is a follow up question to this thread:

http://lavag.org/topic/16923-get-custom-application-install-directory/

Is there an easy way to get the executable version during installaltion?  There is a token [ProductVersion] that appears to return the version of the installer build, but I'd really like to get the version of the .exe file.  Can't find anything that can do that.

post-7727-0-31759600-1372084936_thumb.pn

I don't think such a thing will be an easy thing to get.  Keep in mind an installer may have multiple EXEs inside it, so there won't be a tag that is the version of software for an EXE.  But you can probably perform the steps you want using a Post Install VI call.  This will run a VI after the installer is complete.  Using this you can get the version of the EXE you want (because you know where it was installed to) then you can write the registry however you like.

Yeah, it looks like you're right. Thinking about it a little more, when I create an installer there is more than just an exe. There's configuration files, 3rd party dlls, examples, etc. It makes more sense to keep track of one ProductVersion number that cross-references what versions of all the installed files were included.  I think I'll head down that path.

Thanks!

Yeah don't get me wrong, in almost all of my LabVIEW experience, an installer is made up of one EXE and it's dependencies, which is from an application build in the same project as the installer.  Such a thing would be nice but like I said I think you will only get this information from a custom post-install VI call.