Enumeration Control does not generate value change event

unicorn

I have got a ring and an enumeration control on the front panel which do not generate value change events. Both are embedded in two different XControls. One XControl is loaded with a VI in a Subpanel. The other XControl is straight on the front Panel an has got some splitter bars. Other Controls on the related XControls work fine and generate their value change events if the user changes their values.

Does anyone have a clue what going on?

I can't give you a full list (because I don't know it), but for instance:

1. Facade VIs only act when there's an event they're registered for.
  2. Resize events not being processed in subpanels.
  3. Failing to register for events in a subpanel, because you do it when the FP is closed.

Like I said, code.

What are the special pitfalls when "XControls and subpanels don't always behave like people expect them to"?

XControls are wonkey at best.  Every time I try to make one I find my self coding around issues with them.  I'm not saying this is one or not I just haven't had good experience with them.

One time I remember having a system Ring control that I had some difficulty with for updating items, and allowing a right click menu.  I can't remember what didn't work about it but as soon as I replaced it with a classic Ring it all worked fine.  I posted this issue at NI when I had it but it didn't go anywhere.