Preventing duplicate entries in a single column scalar listbox?

sdserlin

Other than doing a match pattern compare of a user input to the scalar listbox entries, how can one determine if a user has entered in a duplicate value into the scalar listbox? Note - I have my listbox built into an event structure which merely compounds the problem.

I don't fully understand the situation.  You have a listbox that the user can edit and you want to know when they make an entry that is already an entry and prevent it?  OpenG array tools has Remove Duplicates from 1D array and this can help determine if there are duplicates.

If you can post a simplified version of what you are doing and I think we can help.

Hello,

Thanks for responding to my post.  Your assumption is essentially correct. I do have a listbox (scalar, single column). The user should only be able to append to the listbox via a string input if the input is not in the listbox already. I will try your recommendation. I think your solution that may work for my situation. I appreciate the help. If I do not reply to this thread again, please assume that it work and I thank you in advance for your help. 

Scott