Usage of same code between different versions of Labview

Hello guys, I am using Labview 2013 student version to write code for data acquisition from an IC Engine. I have to induct the code in a Labview 2009 version in my college lab to run on the engine there. I try to save the code for previous versions but when I try to run it on 2009 version, it says 'Error 3 : Front panel cannot be loaded'. What should I do to continue using Labview 2013 and transfer code to 2009. I have licence for 2009 version too, but it doesn't detect any of the DAQmx vi's even if I have installed them, which forces me to code in 2013. Please help me in solving this issue. Thanks. 

If you installed LabVIEW after DAQmx you will need to re-install DAQmx.  But even beyond that you won'd find a version of DAQmx that supports 2009 and 2013 according to this.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

In the past a virtual machine (or two real computers) helped with this so that you could have one version of DAQmx with 2009, and another version on a different computer with 2013.  You still may run into issues since I'm guessing there are features in the newer DAQmx that aren't in the older.  You might just want to develop in 2009 if that is the final form that the code will be in.  Going to new versions is easy, going back is more difficult.

• Like 1
So, I need to install DAQ version compatible with 2009 first, and then the 2009 version labview, right?

So sorry I re-read my post and I said the wrong thing, I have edited my previous post to be correct.

When DAQmx is installed it looks for all versions of LabVIEW installed that it is compatible with and updates those versions to have the DAQmx palette and functions.  If you install LabVIEW after DAQmx then you will not have those functions.  What needs to happen is to reinstall DAQmx if a new version of LabVIEW was installed after DAQmx.

So again to recap, here is an example

Install LabVIEW 2012

Install DAQmx 9.7 (this adds support for 2012)

Install LabVIEW 2009

At this point you will have 2012 working with DAQmx but 2009 will not.  If you then reinstall DAQmx 9.7 it will add support for 2009.

But as I mentioned no version of DAQmx supports both 2009 and 2013.