Processing in Time Loop with microseconds.

Hello,

I am make one application in Labview where I capture the frame of one camera and I processing the image. The camera is communicate with the board NI PCIe 1433 in the PC with camera link. This camera can work with one frame rate of 2000 fps. For processing every frame in the pc I need one time loop that work with microseconds. The problem is that this time loop only work with millisecond in Windows.  If I use the module Real Time, Can I configure this time loop with microsecond or are there other solution?

Thanks.

If you need a real time system, then you need a real-time system.

Windows is not an appropriate system to be able to perform actions on a microsecond timing.  Heck I wouldn't rely on a Windows application to respond in 10ms consistently.  Ever been using Windows and have the keyboard and mouse go unresponsive for a few seconds?  What do you think your application is doing during that time?

That doesn't mean there isn't other possible Windows solutions.  With IMAQ you can configure the acquire to return all frames, which can be kept in an onboard buffer.  So you don't need to get a new frame every couple of microseconds.  Instead you can wait 10ms and have it return all the frames that it acquired since the last read then process those one at a time.  Still I think you'll have a problem processing them faster then they come in.  So you'll still probably have a run away condition, and so when you last read is done there will still be time when the previous frames still need to be processed.  This type of system is only really safe if the capturing of frames is a relatively short time frame.

Another option is just to log all the frames as they come in, then post-process.  This won't have the run away issue but your test will take longer of course.