issue on OpenG sub vi and LabVIEW runtime library.

Dear all,

First, I made a program (application built in LabVIEW 2012, 32 bit) with OpenG code for free distribution in our society "internationally".

I built the application in normal way of LabVIEW function (not OpenG application builder).

As shown in the attachment, a switzerland user reported some unexpected error related to OpenG code in the application.

He seemed to install a runtime library from ni.com but he insisted OpenG part of application required some extra run-time library for it.

I am sorry not to provide any more information on his configuration.

Can you let me know any guide this trouble?

I have never seen this kind of trouble during almost 10 years experience with LabVIEW and OpenG.

Best,

labmaster.

post-9642-0-87125100-1460212374.png

I think you have no choice but to try and re-produce all steps your user has taken to get to that kind of issue (you could connect via remote desktop and let the user show you). With the little information we have there are at least two things I would check:

1) Check if the correct RunTime-Engine has been installed.

2) Check if all necessary files of your application are present. (The dialog clearly states two are missing)

There are two types of RunTime-Engines available for LV2012, minimum and standard. Standard is the one your user needs. I'm not sure what happens if you install the minimum one, but it's worth mentioning.

If your application consists of separate folders with VIs next to your executable, some of them might be missing. The same goes with external plug-ins and such.

Yeah I can't imagine what it is.  I think that error is saying those VIs are broken (I only speak English), but the Read/Write Key (Variant) functions don't call out to external code as far as I'm aware.  It is all just native configuration file calls, and I don't think has any kind of external DLL calls, which might not have been included in the build by accident.  Very odd.