How to use PXI-8430/8 for simultaneous communication

Hello,

NI PCIe-8430/8 support independent serial communication on each of its 8 ports,

which means it can perform simultaneous communication, and here the problem I encountered.

Can you help me to figure out why I cannot perform simultaneous communication?

My code can perform simultaneous communication using onboard RS232.

Below is the screenshot

Note: I only use one sub vi and set the VI property execution reentrancy to pre allocated clone reentrancy execution, each clone sub VI have difference port setting.

What other parameter need to set so the NI card will work simultaneous?

cc.JPG

So I've never used this particular piece of hardware before.  But on Windows I have had a 12 port RS-232 serial device, connected via one USB to the PC and was able to communicate multiple ports in parallel.  The solution for me was to use the parallelized for loop instead of plopping down multiple copies of the same VI.  Right click the for loop and configure the parallization in your case setting the number of generated parallel loops to at least 8.  Then use code similar to this with your subVI configured to reentrant of some kind.

Example_VI_BD.png

But honestly I can't think of a reason the parallel for loop would work, if your static declaration doesn't.  Is there some other subVIs in your subVI that isn't reentrant?  This could be a blocking call making all the other loops wait on each other anyway.