Plotting error bars in XY graph?

Hi new here. Not too sure if this is the right forum to post this if it isn't I'm sorry. :headbang:

I'm currently using Labview 6.1 and modifying a program. The part I'm working on right now basically takes various data readings, find the averages, and then plot these points on the XY graph.

Now it would be nice to plot the standard deviation on the graph too but I am not sure how to do that. I tried searching on the web but haven't been able to find anything. Is this doable in Labview? If so could someone teach/show me how?

THANK YOU!!!

Now here's something interesting/BUG.

I was trying to find an easier way than having about 100 plots to accomplish this.

I was thinking about making 1 plot of bar graph type of the upper limits and then filling it to another plot of the lower limits.

But alas, if you try to fill a bar graph to another graph (instead of to 0,+inf or -inf) it fills the whole area between the graphs.

BOOOO :angry:

Anyone know a way around this "Feature"

See attachment

Download File:post-208-1116868101.vi

• 3 years later...

Kind of late in this post. Just needed error graphs and came across this example. Made me think. :lightbulb:

Made a modified version of the graph. The sample is creating many, many plots. Giving all kinds of colors.... Changed it to have just one graph, with each point made into 4 points.

1: Original point Xorg, Yorg

2: Xorg, Y+error

3: Xorg, Y-error

4: Xorg, Yorg.

Selecting the point style to be the cross (+), it shows very nicely. :thumbup:

Another approach (as mentioned above) would be two graphs. Original data, and the error bars using the points:

1: Xorg, Y+error

2: Xorg, Y-error

3: Xorg, NaN

This gives just an error graph and would allow you to give it a different color (and point style) than the actual data. Can be useful (just not what a collegue here needed).

Thanks for the idea's though.

Oskar