Simple .accdb Database Access

Hi again!

This time I have the following problem:

I want to do simple queries on a small .accdb as a part of a simple tool application. Labview's connectivity toolkit method works fine as far as every user is on the same Office bitness (32 vs 64 bit). But in our case, some machines have 64 bit Office and some 32 bit. This results in driver compatibility issues and our IT policies are so strict that in the near future our local admin rights might vanish too, making driver install requests for a simple tool is too tedious. This 32-64 bit transitional state can last for several months and I would prefer to have a general solution than to make 32bit and 64bit builds (as far as I know this would also solve the issue, but I'm on 32 LV at the moment).

Since loading the whole database is an option (the whole file is just 2 MB at the moment and it won't grow in the near future when hopefully all collagaues will be on the ame ground), I'm hoping there's a more "platform independent" (office and Windows 7/10 are given) solution to read the contents of .accdb files.

My googling yielded solutions for SQL database access.

Thank you for any hints in advance!

Edited by Lipko

Instead of Access, you can use SQL server Express. The server can be 32 or 64 bits, local or remote, as long as the ODBC driver matches LV's bitness, you should be fine. 

If you used only NI DB connectivity library, conversion effort will be minimal, mainly syntax differences between the 2 systems.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, Gribo said:

Instead of Access, you can use SQL server Express. The server can be 32 or 64 bits, local or remote, as long as the ODBC driver matches LV's bitness, you should be fine. 

If you used only NI DB connectivity library, conversion effort will be minimal, mainly syntax differences between the 2 systems.

Thank you, I will look into it.