Bug Fix for ALL Right-Click Menu Plug-Ins (LV2015 to 2019)

Aristos Queue

Issue: Customers have noted that every once in a while, right-click operations implemented in G do not work, but when they try to reproduce the issue, everything works fine. Some users have written the issue off to "I must have clicked the wrong thing." But, no, it turns out that there's a rare race condition in the transaction logic for the right-click plugins.

You can fix it by downloading one VI and replacing the version that ships with LabVIEW. Details here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Shortcut-Menu-Plug-Ins/Bug-Fix-for-ALL-Right-Click-Menu-Plug-Ins-LV2015-to-2019/ta-p/4016064

The bug? Don't close your refnum while you're still using the refnum. *head smack*

And for those of you who tell me that refnum programming is easy, I'm adding this as evidence number N+1 that, "Sure, it's easy... easy to screw up." Long live dataflow! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Aristos Queue said:

Customers have noted that every once in a while, right-click operations implemented in G do not work

Are you talking about right click during edit time or during runtime?

Does this explain the random right click of doom that freezes LabVIEW after right clicking on an item in project explorer?

19 minutes ago, Porter said:

Does this explain the random right click of doom that freezes LabVIEW after right clicking on an item in project explorer?

He's talking about edit-time panel and diagram menus and run-time diagram menus that are implemented as right-click plugins.

This bug fix does not affect right-clicks in the project window.

• Thanks 1
On 2/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, Porter said:

Edit time. These are right-click plugins that make edits to the VIs and then those edits get immediately undone.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, Porter said:

I don't know what you are referring to, but, no, these are block diagram plug-ins. See https://ni.com/lvmenus for details if you don't know about these useful tools.