Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I was asked by my supervisor about LIMS compatibility of our software. I did some research including search on LAVA still cannot get much information about technical side of LIMS. somehow I only know that it uses the OPC protocol but beside that I don't have any more information. Could you please share with me some information about LIMS and how do we communicate with LIMS from LabVIEW side. I worked with OPC server before.

Thank you in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thang Nguyen said:

I was asked by my supervisor about LIMS compatibility of our software.

  1. Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "LIMS compatibility"? Which part(s) of a LIMS should the software talk to?
  2. What does your software do?

 

3 hours ago, Thang Nguyen said:

still cannot get much information about technical side of LIMS. somehow I only know that it uses the OPC protocol but beside that I don't have any more information. Could you please share with me some information about LIMS and how do we communicate with LIMS from LabVIEW side.

Ask your supervisor for the LIMS technical manual or user manual. That should give you the technical details of the brand of LIMS that they're using.

This webpage describes a LIMS in general: https://thirdwaveanalytics.com/blog/what-does-a-lims-do/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@JKSH: Sorry for late reply.

My software controls an instrument in the lab to run cell analyst. One experiment session is start with pressurize the cell through a channel and using machine vision to analyze image captured of the channel. The experiment data is captured in database include of hardware data like pressure, voltage.

In some lab they use LIMS to manage the workflow. I still not sure how should I integrate my test data into LIMS.

Thanks for your information.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem.

9 hours ago, Thang Nguyen said:

In some lab they use LIMS to manage the workflow.

It's not clear to me: Does your lab already use a LIMS? Or does your supervisor want to introduce a new LIMS?

 

9 hours ago, Thang Nguyen said:

I still not sure how should I integrate my test data into LIMS.

The LIMS documentation will tell how how to integrate your test data into the LIMS. Read it to find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@JKHS. Thank again.

Our lab does not use LIMS. My task is find out how to integrate our instrument test data to customer LIMS. As you describe, I will need to look for technical manual of our customer LIMS software.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.