What do you suggest?

I have an executable that I install on new computer that doesn't have LabVIEW installed. This executable uses a PXIe Chassis and several different cards. I refer to these cards in my software as "PXI1Slot2_AIO_UUT1" and "PXI1Slot11_SMU_UUT1". I realize I need to setup MAX with these names the way I currently have things setup. But my question is How Do You Guys deal with this on a blank new computer.

I would rather not install LabVIEW on these machines. Can I just install MAX? Are there other options?

Thanks for your input...

You have to install at least the LabVIEW Runtime Environment for your particular version of LabVIEW and any dependencies. Otherwise you'll receive many error messages.

The best way to go about it is to add a build specification for an installer to your LabVIEW project, with which you can distribute your application and any dependencies in one package. It will produce an installer for your application. Here is a KB article that explains the process: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PV6SAM

Additionally, you can include MAX configurations from your machine and have them automatically installed on the target machine. Here is a KB article that explains the process for custom scales: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MvuSAE

There is probably a better source for this, but ni.com is down for maintenance right now... 😱

Edited by LogMAN
English is hard sometimes...
  • Like 1