LabVIEW Software Developer
SIGMADESIGN is a fun, fast-paced engineering consulting company currently experiencing explosive growth. We are looking for a LabVIEW Software Developer. Curiosity, competency and confidence are a must. We offer competitive compensation (DOE), Medical, Dental, and Short Term Disability insurance, a retirement plan, and profit sharing. We also offer Voluntary Benefits: Vision, Long Term Disability, and Term Life insurance.
Definition and programming of LabVIEW based software. Duties include: designing, developing, installation, and debug of custom LabVIEW based applications for a variety of monitoring, measurement, and control systems. Systems will incorporate a variety of technologies (DAQ, machine vision, motion, FPGA & real-time control, etc.) with application across a broad range of industries.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain LabVIEW applications for control and data acquisition across a wide range of test and measurement systems.
· Interpret and understand control specification documents, P&ID drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
· Utilize National Instruments data acquisition hardware, off-the-shelf test equipment, and custom developed hardware.
· Troubleshoot software and electrical control issues and define and/or implement solutions.
· Support, improve and modify existing LabVIEW applications as necessary.
· Create and maintain documentation, version control history, and bug tracking for LabVIEW applications in coordination with engineering and technician teams.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience: (Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
· CLD (Certified LabVIEW Developer) certification or above is required.
· 5+ years LabVIEW application development experience with demonstrated proficiency.
· Experience with NI DAQmx, NI VISA drivers, and supported protocols (GPIB, RS232/RS485, TCP/IP).
· Experience with at least one version control system and an issue tracking system.
· Attention to detail in design, programming, debug, and documentation work.
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
· Ability to plan work and accomplish objectives with minimum of direction.
· Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
Additional Desirable Skills, Education, and Experience:
· CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect) certification highly desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field highly desirable.
· LabVIEW Real-time and FPGA Programming experience.
· LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming experience.
· Experience with developing Motion and Vision applications.
· Experience with CAN and Modbus network protocols.
· Familiar with basic relational database concepts.
· Linux OS administration and shell scripting experience.
· Experience with Matlab and Simulink.
· Additional software skills (C/C++, PHP, Python, etc.).
· LabVIEW for calling external code (dll, COM objects, ActiveX, .NET, etc.)
· Translation of source code from various languages (VB, C, C++, C#, Python) into LabVIEW code.
· Calling VIs dynamically.
· Experience with LabVIEW version 2012 or newer.
· Pass a post-offer background check verification.
· Complete Pre-Employment Assessment required: Begin Assessment
In addition to submitting your application, please complete the Pre-Employment Assessment to be considered for this position.
Standard office environment with normal amounts of office related conditions. Occasionally may be required to work in environmental conditions that emulate typical user environments in order to facilitate design testing and validation.
Sigma Design - Corporate Fact Sheet.pdf
Established start-up seeks experienced LabVIEW developer.
Develop and maintain large technical engineering software applications in LabVIEW. Note there is no data acquisition/hardware development required.
Location is western Sydney. Please PM me to apply.
A. MAIN DUTIES
1. Design, develop, verify and document new software applications from concept to deployment.
2. Maintain and upgrade existing software applications.
3. Be involved in consulting and project work surrounding both areas of expertise of the business and applications which the software has been designed for and beyond.
4. Be involved in technical training seminars.
5. Develop and/or contribute to technical research publications.
6. Develop company standards documents; technical, non-technical, quality, procedures etc. with input from engineers and other parties as required.
7. Provide technical support and advice both internally and to customers and clients.
8. Develop technical procedures which assist with the company achieving and maintaining ISO 9001 quality accreditation.
B. SELECTION CRITERIA
â€¢ Honours degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering.
â€¢ Experience in developing medium to large LabVIEW software applications.
â€¢ Knowledge and experience planning and developing software algorithms.
â€¢ Experience with other programming languages.
â€¢ Knowledge of electrical/electronics systems modelling concepts would be advantageous.
â€¢ Knowledge of object-oriented principles and patterns would be advantageous.
â€¢ Knowledge of cloud-based application deployment would be advantageous.
â€¢ Knowledge and experience applying formal software lifecycle processes ensuring quality.
â€¢ Experience writing technical documents.
â€¢ Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
C. DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
â€¢ Excellent team working ability.
â€¢ Conceptual and analytical problem solving ability.
â€¢ Detail oriented with a high-level of organization.
â€¢ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
â€¢ Driven and motivated with a passion for learning.
â€¢ Resourceful, investigative and innovative.
My current company is in the process of expanding, and we are seeking experienced LabVIEW developers for our Boston office location. Please see below for position details:
Automation Engineer – LabVIEW Control Systems
DMC has openings in several automation engineering positions, based on experience level.
With a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals, DMC Automation Engineers provide programming, troubleshooting, testing & measurement, and technical support & solutions to a wide range of clients. Automation Engineers quickly learn new technologies and absorb specific industry knowledge to provide custom software engineering, problem solving, and helpful assistance during each phase of a project. Working both independently and within teams, Automation Engineers assist with project management, meeting deadlines and keeping excellent communications and feedback channels with team members and clients.
Engineer Level I (1-3 years relevant experience):Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field Background in LabVIEW Programming
Engineer Level II (2-5+ years relevant experience):
In addition to the above requirements, several years of experience with design and implementation of LabVIEW projects Certified LabVIEW Developer or Certified LabVIEW Architect Project-based development experience
Desired ExperienceReal-Time FPGA cRIO PXI RF Vision CAN Modbus
Engineer Level I
Programming Quickly Learn New Technologies Complete grasp of scientific method of problem solving Ability to follow patterns & build upon established models Understanding complex system designs Estimation of time to complete familiar tasks. Identify & communicate through proper channels new opportunities for DMC
Engineer Level II (In addition to above skills)Experience with current test and measurement as well as data acquisition hardware and devices. Ability to specify correct hardware based on system requirement. Project Planning/System Architecture Design Program Implementation Debug System Testing Communication with team members and clients Documentation Ability to create methodology to solve novel problems Ability to design systems based upon previously used system Convey knowledge in presentations, SOPs, Knowledgebase articles, client case studies, and white papers Estimation of own and others' time for completion of familiar tasks Project proposal writing
Customer Service Communications Technical Writing General Admin
Engineer Level IProgram applications to meet & exceed customer requirements Develop robust applications in accordance with DMC programming standards & best practices Project Planning/System Architecture Design Assistance Program Implementation Debug System Testing Communication with team members and clients Documentation Respond to customer needs
Engineer Level II (In addition to above responsibilities)
Perform programming and engineering tasks in supportive and leading roles at all stages of projects. System design and design assistance. Help Train/Orient/Bring Up to Speed new employees. Convey knowledge in presentations, SOPs, Knowledgebase articles, client case studies, and white papers. Develop & maintain relationships with key contacts with vendors. Develop & maintain relationships with clients, keeping feedback channels open and healthy. Assist in writing project proposals. Seek, identify, and discuss new opportunities with new & existing clients, through proper DMC channels.
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Full Listing: http://www.dmcinfo.c...control-systems
General Information: http://www.dmcinfo.com