SubPanel Scroll Position..

This has nothing to do w/ what I'm asking for.

I want to change the scroll position of a FP loaded into a SubPanel

Only 1 VI will be loaded in the SubPanel.

And I want to force it, from time to time, to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Your solution only addresses a bug with a redraw.

The loaded FP has an array on it, the array will be growing in the number of rows programmatically. So after a while the number of rows in the array will exceed the length of the FP. When this happens, I need the SubPanel to scroll all the way down.

Without a working subpanel in front of me to look at...

Does the sub-panel control have scrollbars that the user can typically use, or are you talking about scrolling in the sense of setting the FP origin of the embedded VI? The latter is what I thought you were referring to, but possibly not after reading your last post.

Looking at a sub-panel in action would probably clarify this for me.

I want to be able to control the position of the scroll bars on the SubPanel Control.

Actually I want the end user to be able to use the Scroll Bars and the program to move them if necessary

5557[/snapback]

I'm going to take a wild guess that you won't be able to do that (as things stand so far with sub-panels). Would another workaround be feasible? Perhaps reversing your array before displaying it?

Something else I do with things like that is keep the array size fixed so you can see n elements on the screen and then inrement the index when there are more than n elements in the array.... that keeps the last n elements visible for the user during processing.

What I am looking to do is make somthing that operates as the end user would expect.

In this case the addition needs to happen at the bottom.

The user is going to expect a scroll bar rather than a slider for the fixed number of elements workaround, because the scrollbar gives feedback to the number of elements out of view.

I've given into the fact that there is no way to easily accomplish this and have moved down another path.

Thanks for all the help! :thumbup:

What I am looking to do is make somthing that operates as the end user would expect.

The user is going to expect a scroll bar rather than a slider for the fixed number of elements workaround, because the scrollbar gives feedback to the number of elements out of view.

I've given into the fact that there is no way to easily accomplish this and have moved down another path.

5559[/snapback]

You're right... a scroll bar does provide nice visual feedback in that regard as to how many elements there are total.

5559[/snapback]

Provided its pretty simple data, how about displaying the data in a listbox/multi-column listbox instead? Sure, you'd have to convert it all to strings and then be limited to ~32k entries, but the scollbar works like it should.

Sparc