Remote watchdog for remote work

Ok , I am not sure if such a device exists ... but here is what my ideal need is...

What I am looking for is something that I can run on the remote PC when I am connected , such that I need to click a button every pre-determined amount of time , say 30 minutes , if I don't it can reset at least two, AC receptacles (120v,20A each). It needs to be USB or serial as I cannot , per corporate policy have a second ethernet port on the PC , there is no way around this.

I prefer an out of box solution and not a home brew device. If needed (not preferred) I can always fire a contactor with the output of the watchdog device.

Suggestions ?

Dan

Is an ethernet device sitting on the same network of your PC acceptable? Then there are common solutions, common in server cabinets and datacenters. Search for LAN restarter, managed PDU, etc.

We are using this one (220V), but there are a number of others. Think of it as a smart timed relay, which publishes its buttons on awebby, but acn also autonomously turn on/off sockets according to a schedule, or upon an ip address not answering anymore to ping.