LabPython migration issues from windows 10 to windows server 2019

Greetings, a long running LV 2018/2020 app was recently migrated to run on windows server 2019 and am finding that I can no longer initialize the python script server. 

0?ui=2&ik=a54113e2d3&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1768146876795891267&th=1889b8376622ae43&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-r0YK3OhiDakt86ebo-Um5Hid4y_4UrVXHjdzxyyDjK2u6TURs3Gzku0SH2JcfJhyN15hibPK-8fH0gpZl3TmFjfB-FOgysH2si3qsgoV_TK8yp0rZbJVvIg4&disp=emb

I have verified that my python 2.7.6 (32 bit) is installed correctly (BTW, it coexists with python 3.1 which needs to be on the machine for another non LV app).

I have tried the usual things like running as admin, checking folder permissions, etc to no avail.

Any ideas?

Edited by viSci

Your image is broken for me because it resides in your gmail account. Can you attach it directly to your post?

Did you add Python 2.7 to the PATH environment variable? Also make sure only one version is added to PATH, otherwise it may lookup the wrong version. This was the reason for me in the past.

Well so long ago. I would have to look into the code to see if it could actually even cause this error from not being able to locate the Python kernel. I kind of doubt it.

What might be more likely the problem is the lack of the correct MSC C Runtime library. Although a quick check seems to indicate that it was compiled with MSVC 6.0 which did not have this cumbersome C compiler version specific runtime support library issues. Not having a Windows Server 2019 installation available it is also a bit of a trouble to try to debug this.

16 minutes ago, viSci said:

Later this afternoon I plan on remoting into the server.  Could you suggest a specific MSC runtime to try?

No, Microsoft Visual C 6.0 still used the standard Windows C Runtime MSVCRT.DLL which should be available in every Windows version since 3.0. Or maybe it is not anymore in Windows Server 2019??

Try to see if you can find MSVCRT.DLL in SysWow64.

Edited by Rolf Kalbermatter

Not sure if this is relevant but there appears to be an issue with the file paths when loading the script node. The debugging window is displayed when placing the node on the block diagram (notice the unreadable characters in the file extension):

image.png.e2c00556a655c99739e5ef399f1f8caf.png

It often results in a crash but when it doesn't you get another debugging window when executing the VI:

image.png.7158e91e431b68e6499937e86b40b038.png

It also reports the same error code as the one mentioned above:

image.png.a423eaf452e06852c3fa09e2ef281968.png

This is running on Windows 11 using LabVIEW 2013 (32-bit) and Python 2.7 (registered in PATH) with the latest version of LabPython from VIPM. msvcrt.dll is available in SysWOW64 and System32 (part of Windows).

Not sure what causes the issue but at the very least it doesn't appear to be isolated to Windows Server 2019 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LogMAN