LabPython 1.2-2 and LabVIEW 7.1

I am trying to setup calling some simple python scripts from LabVIEW 7.1 using labpython 1.2-2.  I installed labpython and python 2.7, but cannot get the script to work.  

Keep getting errors like PYTHON New Session__ogtk.vi->PYTHON Symple Execute__ogtk.vi or LabVIEW:  LabVIEW cannot initialize the script server.

in PYTHON Test Script Node__ogtk.vi

I assume I don't have something configured.  Are there instructions or can someone let me know what I am missing?

Also tried installing python 2.4 - same issue.

Never mind - Resolved issue by pointing to the correct directory to load the dll.  On 64-bit systems the directory is syswow64.

Edited by Dave21
Resolved
2 hours ago, Dave21 said:

I am trying to setup calling some simple python scripts from LabVIEW 7.1 using labpython 1.2-2.  I installed labpython and python 2.7, but cannot get the script to work.  

Keep getting errors like PYTHON New Session__ogtk.vi->PYTHON Symple Execute__ogtk.vi or LabVIEW:  LabVIEW cannot initialize the script server.

I assume I don't have something configured.  Are there instructions or can someone let me know what I am missing?

LabVIEW 7.1 and python 2.7? Yikes!

20 hours ago, Dave21 said:

Never mind - Resolved issue by pointing to the correct directory to load the dll.  On 64-bit systems the directory is syswow64.

LabPython needs to know which Python engine to use. It has some heuristics to try to find one but generally that is not enough.

But as Neil says. For some things, old-timers can have their charm, but in software you are more and more challenging the Gods by using software that is actually 20 years or more old!!!