Grouping numbers with , or .

peteski

Folks,

Here is a relatively simple wish - having the option when displaying integer or floating point numbers in controls or indicators to group the digits left of the decimal point into groups of three separated by either , (for some of us) or . (for the rest of us). For example:

12345654.012 would become 12,345,654.012 or 12.345.654,012

I know that in a pinch this could be done programmatically using string controls and indicators without too much effort, but it should be simple enough for NI to make it part of their numeric formatting options.

-Pete Liiva

• 1 year later...
the option when displaying integer or floating point numbers in controls or indicators to group the digits left of the decimal point into groups of three separated by either , (for some of us) or . (for the rest of us).

I worked in an accredited calibration facility for some time, and we used SI notation and SPACES between the elements. It made displaying the values for standard capacitors and resistors much easier (less chance of losing your place). I was always formatting to string; it would have been nice to have a format style like this...

10.000 001 2 MOhm is much easier (at least for me) to read/transcribe than 10.0000012 MOhm :)