TestStandLite

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2024 at 9:22 PM, hooovahh said:

This looks interesting. What are the licensing used?  What are the restrictions?  Is there a manual that is in English?  Is the source code available?

Hello,Hoover

I'm glad you're interested in the kit.

There are no restrictions on the use of this toolkit at this time, only an activation code is required to use it, I can provide the activation code if you want to test it out. There is no source code in this toolkit, it mainly contains an application (SequenceEditor) and a PPL (TestEngine) and some examples.

There is no detailed documentation in English yet, but I can start by providing a simple usage document that shows you how to get started with the toolkit. Most of the features in this toolkit are designed to work with TestStand, so if you are familiar with TestStand, using this toolkit will be easy.

Edited by xiongxinwei
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks very nice, but I doubt anyone here would risk to use it if it's not open source. Nice idea to make such a project, but my opinion is it would had to be community powered to get to broader audience.

What is your end goal?  Cost?   What  is needed for business use? license, source-code, or an build application.   As others said, many would not be able to look into build application due to restrictions their organization's IT has on "Approved - Vendors" , "Approved - Software" to be installed on work computers.

This is just for your information.  You've posted your work here before, and as much as people are interested, many cannot even think about running your EXE.

3 hours ago, sam said:

What is your end goal?  Cost?   What  is needed for business use? license, source-code, or an build application.   As others said, many would not be able to look into build application due to restrictions their organization's IT has on "Approved - Vendors" , "Approved - Software" to be installed on work computers.

This is just for your information.  You've posted your work here before, and as much as people are interested, many cannot even think about running your EXE.

I know there are a lot of people re-development of test sequence software, I just want to find some like-minded people to discuss this type of software development issues, as for commercialization I do not dare to think about it now, at present, this framework is only one of my people in the development and maintenance.😀

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zyga said:

Looks very nice, but I doubt anyone here would risk to use it if it's not open source. Nice idea to make such a project, but my opinion is it would had to be community powered to get to broader audience.

I think you're right, but the project is so huge and the source code is so bad to deploy that I don't think many people would use it even if it was open source. Right now only about thirty engineers in our company are using the framework.

Edited by xiongxinwei
  • 4 weeks later...