Menu bug in LV8?

Mads

Downloaded and activated LV8 and converted one of our projects from 7.1.1. A bit of a struggle to get all the dynamically linked VIs to refer to the right sub-VIs now that it supports "name spaces", and it seems a bit strange to add VIs directly from disk instead of selecting them from the project, HOWEVER...

I came across something that looks like a bug, namely how built applications handle top level menu items that have a _ prefix in their name to allow Alt+Letter navigation. It works as it should in the development environment, but when you build the application the menus end up in a pile and the _ prefix has become a line above the first letter instead. Look at the attached illustration. Is this something anyone else have seen or can reproduce?

post-1777-1129831083.gif?width=400

This actually seems to be two bugs: One is the fact that _ prefixes are interpreted incorrectly and secondly there is no separation between menu items, they are piled together regardless of the use of _ prefixes...Ugly one! Makes menus in built applications useless unless you only have one menu...

This actually seems to be two bugs: One is the fact that _ prefixes are interpreted incorrectly and secondly there is no separation between menu items, they are piled together regardless of the use of _ prefixes...Ugly one! Makes menus in built applications useless unless you only have one menu...

Hello,

I can't seem to reproduce the behavior that you are reporting. Would you possibly have a small segment of code to reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

Travis

Found it!

The bug occurs if you override the app and system font in the application INI file.

Just put

appFont=""Tahoma" 13"

systemFont=""Tahoma" 13"

in the INI file and you will see the menus garble up in the built application.

I have not yet looked to see if these keys have changed, been replaced or removed from LV8(?), it is still a bug in my eyes but perhaps just a backwards compatibility bug...(?)

I have attached an example. Removing the last two keys in the .ini file will as you can see remove the problem.

Download File:post-1777-1129978050.zip