Need icon design resource for large VI library

ChrisClark

I'm working on a large LabVIEW toolkit that will need several families of icons, somewhat math-related. Is there a book, link, software package that would be helpful not so much in creating the icons, but designing pictures that relate to the VI functions? I'm aware of the icon section on IDNET.

There is something on the NI website.. search for Icon Art Glossary or something like that.. they have an html doc that can pull up a whole bunch of icons which you can then modify to your taste.

Neville.

PS Let me know if you can't find it.. I downloaded it a while back, and I can dig it up from my stuff if required.

Subset of NI icons in your local installation:

Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\instr\insticon.llb\Icon256.vi

More on line at:

http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/library/ic...rt_glossary.htm

One trick I recently learned from this forum is to select a region inside your icon and then executing paste. The graphic will be scaled from the clipboard to fit your selected region.

I've been opening MS-Word, finding something I like in the clipart gallery, copying and pasting it into my LV icons. There are recurring styles for some of the MS clipart that makes things look consistent, and I've even gotten some compliments :thumbup: for taking so much time to make meaningful icons!