Type description for Control

alphaone

Hi, the following figure shows that difference, when I flatten a constant (32-bit Integer),the type string is same as the document detailed. but, I change it to Control, the type string is also changed! I don't understand the othen data. I can not find help with NI document. What is meaning of this data?

Thanks.

There is a data type format documentation PDF file from NI explaining it all. Basically the label (if any) is part of the type string. In your case I would think you labeled the control or constant as "Numeric 2" while the other is simply unlabeled (quite typical for constants). The first int16 defines the number of bytes in the "type string" and is of course different to account for the additional bytes for the label and the difference in the second is in the high order byte which is according to NI not documented. In reality it contains flags about the control such as if it is a control or an indicator and several other internal flags you won't need to know.

Rolf Kalbermatter