Vi from tools menu does not run correctly

I have a VI that I created in LV7.0 and it works great in 7.1 now I am trying to get it to work in 8.0 and I get a very weird thing going on in 8.0 that I cannot understand. If I run the vi as is it works great it finds all the vi's in memory as it should but when it is run from the tools menu. (I did this by saving it to the projects folder) it does not find all the vi's in memory. So i started doing some debugging and found the code was OK. Then I tried the example called memory monitor and when it is run standalone (ie double clicking on it in the example finder) everything runs great but when I save it to the project folder it does not show all the vi's in memory as it should. Does anyone have an explantion to this.

I have a VI that I created in LV7.0 and it works great in 7.1 now I am trying to get it to work in 8.0 and I get a very weird thing going on in 8.0 that I cannot understand. If I run the vi as is it works great it finds all the vi's in memory as it should but when it is run from the tools menu. (I did this by saving it to the projects folder) it does not find all the vi's in memory. So i started doing some debugging and found the code was OK. Then I tried the example called memory monitor and when it is run standalone (ie double clicking on it in the example finder) everything runs great but when I save it to the project folder it does not show all the vi's in memory as it should. Does anyone have an explantion to this.

Joe: In LabVIEW 8.0, items launched from the menu run in a different application instance. You will need to use one of the mechanisms described by Kennon Cotton in a previous discussion thread called "App.AllVIs and application instances".