Bluetooth With LabVIEW 7.1

Hello Everybody,

I'm labview7.1 user and testing the usb bluetooth adapter(Bluetooth Dongle) made by Advec.

My application is the bluetooth link (wireless) between 2 PCs installed IVT Blue Soleil(using LabVIEW or another programming language). It works good with IVT Blue Soleil basic driver.(Network access, File transfer, etc.) But LabVIEW cant't access it and I can't uderstand how I can access and program it in LabVIEW for my applicationI did do requirements on "Developing Bluetooth Applications with LabVIEW

like Win XP SP2 and later etc..

URL ::: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/we...470F16A86256....

In bluetooth functions, "Bluetooth Discover" function say it can "Searches for all locally installed or other Bluetooth devices within the range of the Bluetooth network." But LabVIEW can't find out the local bluetooteh device... (even my NOKIA 6600 Mobile phone) Can this function really find out or Discover local bluetooth device? How can I configure the block diagram?I attatched the image file that I want to configure the luetooth link.<My system : OS - Windows XP Pro Sp2 ,LabVIEW 7.1 , H/W : P4 1.7G 128MB...

http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/10...application.jpg .

Could Please anybody tell me that How can I configure my bluetooth dongle with LabVIEW

Hello Everybody,

I'm labview7.1 user and testing the usb bluetooth adapter(Bluetooth Dongle) made by Advec.

My application is the bluetooth link (wireless) between 2 PCs installed IVT Blue Soleil(using LabVIEW or another programming language).

I think your problem is your BT stack. Unless something's changed, the following quote from the NI KnowledgeBase indicates that LV won't work with a BlueSoleil-managed BT radio:

Windows XP SP 2 and later
  • 4 years later...

hi everybody...... my applications is to send the ECG signal using a bluetooth module so i have to pair the to bluetooth devices (DONGLE ) and the (MODULE) i did this using bluesoliel 6.4 BUT when i want to run the simple server.vi can not, so i will try to run the applications using SERIAL COM PORT and i will call the function of VISA , so my questions are

1- if i will handle it with VISA is it so important to make sure that the dongle on the list of supported dongle by labVIEW2009 ?? or as much as i can set the port with bluesoliel its fair to proceed and use at ths time VISA ??

2- i have to handle it using bluetooth functions??

by the way i prefer the 1st way...... which should be easier to handle.....plz i need help ASAP