Any way to mix font/formatting in strings

I'm guessing the answer to this is No but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'd like to be able to mix a couple of "WingDing 2" font symbols (that very nearly match a couple of listbox symbols) in with the "application font" text used on a couple of boolean controls. The mixed fonts don't seem to survive when I close & re-open the VI. Is there a way to do this? (LV 7.1.1)

post-2800-1136312267.png?width=400

I'm guessing the answer to this is No but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'd like to be able to mix a couple of "WingDing 2" font symbols (that very nearly match a couple of listbox symbols) in with the "application font" text used on a couple of boolean controls. The mixed fonts don't seem to survive when I close & re-open the VI. Is there a way to do this? (LV 7.1.1)

post-2800-1136312267.png?width=400

That's odd. I've mixed and matched fonts in labels of controls without any problems. Dumb question, but did you make sure to make the current value the default before saving it? Have you tried it with other things - like maybe a label?

George

That's odd. I've mixed and matched fonts in labels of controls without any problems. Dumb question, but did you make sure to make the current value the default before saving it? Have you tried it with other things - like maybe a label?

George

It works with labels. It works with text strings that just sit on the front panel.

It just does not seem to work with Boolean Text.

"Making value default" does not affect it.

It works with labels. It works with text strings that just sit on the front panel.

It just does not seem to work with Boolean Text.

"Making value default" does not affect it.

It also doesn't work with text in string controls. I assume that LabVIEW does something with the data part of a control that makes the entire string use the font setting of the first character on reopening the VI.

Rolf Kalbermatter