Graphics and Arrays

i2dx

Hello guys, well here is the point.. I HAVE THE BUGGEST PROBLEM IN ALL THE WORLD.. i tried all i can do for investigating how to create Graphics and Arrays for my final essay but the info is few and i cant complete it, I dont know how to create arrays and graphics program..

this essay is for tomorrow at 8:30 am and today is right now 7 pm, so i need a great soul that is up for helping me with this problem..

for this im up for giving a free webhosting on my linux box.. up for 50 mbs with php, cgi, mysql fantastico tools installed and unlimited bandwidth and mails..

If you feel like helping me with this problem, i just need a few screenshots on how to create a graphic with anything you want, like weather or speed anything you want a simple graphic how to create it and how it works.

I need an Array program from anything you want guys, just some screenshots or anything.. ill be waiting you can add me to my msn messenger so we have better contact from this of the webhosting rod_vg@hotmail.com

Sincerely and desperately..

rotH

• 4 weeks later...
Almost makes you wish you had to pass a simple online LabVIEW test as part of the LAVA registration process, at least for most of the Forums...

That's not necessarily a bad idea. I know the web is open and all, but remember, the forum does have the word "Advanced" in the title. I have seen some people ask stupid simple questions here and on the NI forums on the same time. A simple LV test might be enough to make them not be here. Persumably, such a decision should be left to those who actually finance the site. What do you think, Michael? Maybe a poll?

Just to make it clear, I don't really care either way since the numbers of such posts here is minimal.

I'm only bringing this up as a point for discussion, so don't stone me if you think this should be completely open.

That's not necessarily a bad idea. I know the web is open and all, but remember, the forum does have the word "Advanced" in the title. I have seen some people ask stupid simple questions here and on the NI forums on the same time. A simple LV test might be enough to make them not be here. Persumably, such a decision should be left to those who actually finance the site. What do you think, Michael? Maybe a poll?

Let's be honest, there are a lot of simple questions, there are even some stupid ones, and lets call them that. I can excuse even those, occasionally, and I think most of the others on this (and other forums) do as well. That being said, I have to admit I've asked a few stupid ones myself, especially on a hard debugging task at 3 AM and the system has to work later that day and the last of the coffee is gone :headbang:

What is not excusable is someone asking us to do their homework for them, or being demanding. :thumbdown:

Perhaps a compromise is an open forum for general topics, but with some topics/forums only open to test passers. Yet we don't want to discourage newbies who will/are falling in love with LabVIEW. I for one really love it when I see a newbie "get it", when they obviously start to think in G rather than C -> translate in head -> G.

Hi Folks:

Just my two cents, but seems to me like there is already a simple, effective, means of preventing posts by those too lazy to think on their own from wasting our time.

--We can, as individuals, simply ignore those posts. Very effective, and not a very significant downside.

I've asked some pretty dumb question questions on my own sometimes-- and not through lazyness, or through being a one-sided taker, but as Michael suggested, sometimes its been 3AM and I was in a bind.

I've also answered a few questions where my first impression was perhaps the asker was being lazy about taking their own initiative to use the built-in help tools. :book: Seems like in many of those cases, my first impression was right, and I was wasting my time. Other times, the questioner's subsequent response to my suggestion made it clear that the questioner just needed a litlle help to get to first base, and that I'd helped out someone who really was willing to try and help himself.

So, if the clutter of lazy questions on the site were so bad that it was making the site unusable for me, I'd agree that something, perhaps a admission quiz, would be OK. But I don't think its that bad yet, and I think we're better off keeping things simple. A few obnoxiously persistant questioners seem to get dealt with by the moderators, but it seems like most of the really lazy ones don't take the effort to persist if we ignore them for a bit.

If I had had to take a quiz to become a member, I don't know if I'd have bothered.

Just my two cents, as usual, I seem to have used about 50 cents worth of words to get it across ;)

Best Regards, Louis

• 3 weeks later...
Almost makes you wish you had to pass a simple online LabVIEW test as part of the LAVA registration process, at least for most of the Forums...

good idea!

maybe we should ask the admin to make a "post stupid/please-make-my-homework/offending questions here" forum? ;-)

subtilte: the most bored menber will answer (eventually ..)

an expert forum would be nice (and that's what i originally expected from LAVA, when i first came here ...), but there are so few LabVIEW experts (compared to e.g. Visual C ...) in the world, there would not be much talk. I tried to establish a LV experts forum for germans, but it quickly died the "one post per month"-death ...

ah, and admin, please don't get me wrong, i do not think there are only stupid peolpe here in this forum. IMHO you can find most of the best LV developers here ... but about 30 - 40% of the topics are not really questions for "LabVIEW Advanced Virtual Architects". If this sound offensive to you, please blame it on my english skills