Jump to content

Bug in Database Connectivity Toolset Version 1.0.1 - ENUMS


Recommended Posts

Whe I tried this from the database toolkit, it works fine for me. I used the SQL query:

SHOW columns FROM test_table

It returns all information. Here is the code I'm using:

Thanks for the response Michael. I actually used code very similar to the one you posted with the difference that I used the "Rec Fetch String Data ®.vi to get the response instead of the Fetch Recordset Data ®.vi. But even using the code you posted, I still get the bug. You can only see this bug if you have a data type definition that is more than 40 characters long. So for a data type such as int(11) there is no problem but for a datatype such as an enum with 4 elements for instance: enum('element1','element2','element3','element4')

then, the bug appears and only returns the following characters:

enum('element1','element2','element3','e\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00

I saw on this forum that you are using a MySQL server. I would appreciate it if you could reproduce this bug. If you can't, that means that there's something wrong with my system. But I always love to blame my problems on somebody else!!! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
As I said, I am using MYSQL5.0 so this may have been fixed in MYSQL. I cannot reproduce this problem with any code I use. Can you attach a code sample? As you can see, I have defined a large field definition and I get back everything.

Here is the code sample:

post-1229-1137532447.jpg?width=400

Sorry for the quality of the picture but if you download it on your hard drive the quality seems to be better for some odd reason?

I'll try to install MySQL 5.0 on my local machine to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your code looks just fine, I really have no idea why you are getting this. :unsure:

Before you install 5.0 make sure to download the latest ODBC driver first since this may be the problem. Also make sure that you are not modifying any of the ODBC flags in the driver. Leave everything as default.

post-2-1137535043.gif?width=400

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry for the quality of the picture but if you download it on your hard drive the quality seems to be better for some odd reason?

At least in IE, the browser resizes images which are larger than the display to fit the display by default. It seems to use an algorithm optimized for speed and not for quality, which is probably why your image looks weird. To see the image at its real size, you need to enter the picture with the cursor, wait for a couple of seconds and then you will get an option to do this. You can also disable the option completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
At least in IE, the browser resizes images which are larger than the display to fit the display by default. It seems to use an algorithm optimized for speed and not for quality, which is probably why your image looks weird. To see the image at its real size, you need to enter the picture with the cursor, wait for a couple of seconds and then you will get an option to do this. You can also disable the option completely.

In FIrefox you simply click on the picture to toggle between the scaled version and the unscaled one.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Link to post
Share on other sites
In FIrefox you simply click on the picture to toggle between the scaled version and the unscaled one.

Rolf Kalbermatter

To be honest, clicking the picture does not sound like an intuitive step to me, but then the IE way isn't perfect either. There are 2 context menus which appear if your cursor is over the picture long enough - one allows things like printing, saving and so on (which are also available from the right click context menu) and one which allows you to enlarge (which or some reason does not appear in the RMB menu (they forgot?)).

To make it worse, the menus appear on opposite corners of the image and neither of them is particularly easy to see. It seems that once you know how to use the Firefox way, that's a better solution. In any case, I just have the option disabled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just upgrade our MySQL server from 4.0.13 to 5.0.18 and the bug has disapeared. This is the only problem I have seen with version 4. At least this problem forced me to upgrade faster and it didn't take nearly as much time as I thought it would. Thanks for the help guys.

Yvan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.