pull-down menue in listbox

Hello,

is it possble to insert a pull-down-menue in the fields of a listbox? That means, that the user has the possibility to click in the field and then gets an pull-down-menu?

Thanks

Christian

a warm wellcome to the lava board :)

not with labview! the defined datatype for the listbox items is string. you can not insert anything else. maybe you want to use an array of menu rings? but you will get trouble when managing the references, because you have to handle them all dynamically or use a fixed width array ...

(du willst doch schon wieder murks machen! und - ich hab dich schon am nic erkannt! ;) )

Gr

Hello,

is it possble to insert a pull-down-menue in the fields of a listbox? That means, that the user has the possibility to click in the field and then gets an pull-down-menu?

Thanks

Christian

In LV 8.0 you can create (and control programatically) a right click menu on every control. I am not sure that this is what you are trying to do though.

PJM

Hello,

Thanks

Christian

Often when I am using a multi column listbox I put a row of pull down menus across the bottom of the listbox, sized to the same width of the columns. Usually I dynamically stuff these pulldowns from a database or something, the user selects the row of intrest in the listbox, makes whatever selections he wants in the pulldowns, and the hits the update button, which then stuffs the pulldown values into the row of the listbox that is selected, each pulldown value into the column it is beneath. Sounds a little confusing, if your intrested I can send you an example.

• 1 month later...

No, you cannot do this directly, for real, but you can simulate it well enough that no one will know the difference, or care if they do.

Use the event structure to get the item/row you click, then take an invisible menu, programmatically position it to the line, make it visible and give it the mouse focus. After the user makes their selection, reverse the steps above and insert the selected value into that row/cell of the listbox.

You will also have to monitor for clicks outside the menu/listbox, etc.

• 2 weeks later...