Property and Method Selection (PMS) Assistant

hviewlabs

OK, so our "mom" had some PMS (it's a thing, grown up women get sometimes). She took away some toys from us, kids. Of course, it's for our own good!. She loves us but just doesn't want us to get hurt. Well she didn't put them in safe or some place really unreachable. It's just a top shelf in her closet. So, all we need to get to them is a ladder. Well, children, here it is.

Still made in 7.0, but especially convenient in 8.0!

Sorry about the locked BD. There are really no new concepts in the code beyond those in Tunnel Wiring Wizard and Private Class Generator. However, if somebody REALLY wants to see the code, please contact me directly.

With Best Regards,

Stanislav Rumega

H View Labs

http://labhsm.com

Download File:post-1166-1139705933.vi

Well, not really giving us all our toys back... Still can't get to the Diagram property...

It's a Pretty cool tool, none the less. Thanks for the great contribution!

Thanks, Mike. Yes, unfortunately, the Diagram property is not returned by All Available Properties Property while used in LV 8 (It is there when working with LV7!).

Well, I guess that one is in a "safe", not just "on a top shelf". "Mom" thinks it's particularly dangerous :nono:

Still, not a big deal - just copy it from the version 7 vis. :2cents:

Stanislav

Stanislav, that is cool and should solve my past problem with the class generator not allowing you to use the data you see.

I don't understand (or like) the locked diagram, though. What's the logic behind that?

For example, I don't know how much longer I will continue using 7, but if I could modify this (for example to appear as a tree or to be a floating tool) I quite possibly would have, as the built-in P&M browser is one of the things I like about 8. Of course, I can't modify it, as it's locked.

Stanislav,

I think you may have a bit more work to do on this tool, specifically in the options you specify at the time you open the reference to the VI to be edited. (Hint: try an open-reference option value of "5")

I downloaded your VI and, as a first test, opened one of my existing VIs that I knew had property nodes in it, selected an existing property node and told it to delete one of the current properties. It did delete the property but it did not mark the VI as having been edited and, when I closed the VI, it did not prompt me to save the changes. I would have fixed it for you and would have posted the necessary changes but since you chose to lock the block diagram I guess you'll have to do it yourself.

:P

I think you may have a bit more work to do on this tool, specifically in the options you specify at the time you open the reference to the VI to be edited. (Hint: try an open-reference option value of "5")

:P

All right, all right, forgot about a couple of things. :oops:

Here it is: floating, with modification flag setting and even undo transactions, so that you can undo the modifications made by this utility in your VI as if you made them yourself - press Ctrl-Z as usual.

Wanna fries with that? :D Stay tuned!

Download File:post-1166-1139762901.vi

Now you can try ANY string for a property or method name! Who knows, maybe you will find something new! Well, after a while, I guess...:headbang:

Please post any properties and methods you find here. :book: I will be glad to add them to the lists for the respective classes (just like I have done for the VI Diagram property for LV8).

Ok, now we're finally getting interesting... :thumbup:

Do you you mean this utility had not been interesting before I added this last feature?! :o

Please post any properties and methods you find here. :book: I will be glad to add them to the lists for the respective classes (just like I have done for the VI Diagram property for LV8).

Do you you mean this utility had not been interesting before I added this last feature?! :o

Hey Stanislav,

Did you ever see the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercial where someone with peanut butter bumps into another person with chocolate and they discover its a great combination together? Well you should check out my class browser at http://store.dataact.com/product_info.php?products_id=35 . Adding the ability to drop selected properties back on the diagram has been on my list of "things todo" but since the diagrams are open I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to merge the two? I've been pursuing a slightly different tack with the next version of the class browser, which is to add support for GOOP classes, .net and activeX. I was looking at using the ExtendedNode to implement a new property and method interface. A very preliminary version is posted here http://www.forums.dataact.com/viewtopic.php?t=54 (sorry I think these diagrams are still locked and it only supports LV 7.1).

Anyway nice tool! :thumbup:

Brian

Adding the ability to drop selected properties back on the diagram has been on my list of "things todo"

Nice looking browser, Brian! :thumbup: Have you updated it for LV8 yet? PJM has figured the class hierarchy:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...findpost&p=7314

The key part (or even all the job) in generating any node and dropping it onto BD is performed by a very elusive BObjectCreate1. It is a VI, I guess, but it doesn't have the .vi extension! You can see its name showing up while dropping any node onto BD with any VI which monitor App.ActiveVI property (for example, with the Tunnel Wiring Wizard). The problem is you can't open a reference to it (even if you remove the B) - you will get "VI is not in memory". Therefore, I don't know yet how to replicate the LV8 Class Browser's node generating functionality. It's apparently done the same way as regular dropping a node from the Functions pallete. Something simpler can still be done like dropping the node onto the BD of a new VI. You can copy/drag it to the desired position in the desired VI from there. This is not as elegant, of course, but still can be useful. Maybe later, this week I will make some rough prototype.

Hi Brian - sounds like a great tool - anyway I can get it without having to create an account on your online shopping website?

Yes you should be able to, but I just checked and something isn't working. The "download" button should allow downloading of the zip and if you select the windows installer I think you need an account. I will post back when I have fixed the problem.

Yes you should be able to, but I just checked and something isn't working. The "download" button should allow downloading of the zip and if you select the windows installer I think you need an account. I will post back when I have fixed the problem.

Just found the problem and corrected it, the last security fix added a query to prevent the redirect page from forwarding url's that were not listed in the products table. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

I can already see, that the Diagram property for VI class is not the only one that's missing from the lists returned in LV8 (I had to add Diagram manually to the latest versions).

Well, even with the curent version, you can still select them in LV8 if you know their exact spelling. :wacko: However, for everybody's convenience, I guess, I will need to (programmatically) retrieve the properties and methods in LV 7 and 7.1.1 and then add all the missing ones to the lists for respective classes even when the utility is running in LV8. This way we will get them all! :ninja:

I am also thinking about adding an ini file into which we could add the newly found properties and methods.

Stay tuned...

PLEASE NOTE :!: :

I have discovered another inconvenience for now. When you don't have those well known keys in labview.ini (SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True and SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True) the lists will be missing the private properties and methods too (at least in LV8 I cheked that). Again, you can still type them in and set, but I will try to fix the lists as I described in the previous post ASAP.

• 1 month later...

:!:

Looks like nobody bothers to read readme files nowadays... :book:

So here itis - I am explicitly telling you: this version is written with my LabHSM toolkit (I pretty much do all my applicatuions with it now). So you will need to download and install it from http://labhsm.com. Please make sure you get the correct version depending whether you use LV 7 or 8.

And, NO, you don't need to buy LabHSM license to run this utility. It will work without any limitations as soon as you install the LabHSM Library under user.lib

And YES, I hope you will get interested in LabHSM and explore it (unlimited trial period!) and maybe even buy it some day...

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet, Brian! Congratulations. :thumbup: So you figured out the object creation technique, PJM demonstrated in his animation. Well, if you add the ability to change the properties and methods on the existing node, nobody will need my PMS Assistant any longer. And if you add the ability to create all (including private) objects themselves, not just their property and invoke nodes, then it will be even better.