Splitter Bar Experiences?

Has anyone used the splitter bars in LV 8? I'm starting a new project, haven't settled on using LV 8 yet, and was reading about splitter bars. They might add enough jazz to my UI to switch.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/37...pane_container/

Using Splitter Bars to Create Toolbars and Status Bars

You can use a splitter bar to create a toolbar on a front panel that you can configure with any LabVIEW control. To create a toolbar at the top of a VI, place a horizontal splitter on the front panel near the top of the window, and place a set of controls in the upper pane. Right-click the splitter and select Locked and Splitter Sizing

Has anyone used the splitter bars in LV 8?

I love it - It's really easy to create quasi-toolbars (you can pick the toolbar up and move it around, or dock it anywhere else, but for a static toolbar, it's pretty neat!

I use a bunch of custom Booleans for toolbar buttons that I put together *years* ago - I hope to put them up on OpenG very very soon:

post-181-1140031639.gif?width=400

I love it - It's really easy to create quasi-toolbars (you can pick the toolbar up and move it around, or dock it anywhere else, but for a static toolbar, it's pretty neat!

I use a bunch of custom Booleans for toolbar buttons that I put together *years* ago - I hope to put them up on OpenG very very soon:

post-181-1140031639.gif?width=400

I have seen a presentation by Michael Aivaliotis about LabVIEW 8.0 User Interface Tools and part of it was about splitter bar. I can tell you these splitter bar look VERY impressive. You get a lot of features for free (codeless). I can't wait to write an application in LV 8.0 that use splitter bar.

PJM

I like your toolbar, it looks a lot like one I did for a custom test exec back in the mid 90's. (see VISTE paper in NIWeek 96 proceedings if you have it). It would have been sooooo nice to have this splitter capability back then.

Speaking of OpenG, see me by private email, I also have some buttons I've been thinking of packaging. Maybe we could combine.