Programing ADVANTECH 5000/TCP with Labview

poleo

Hello,

I must use LABVIEW to reach a module Ethernet ADVANTECH 5000/TCP. ADvantech envisages a library DLL of functions for the access to these modules (VB, Delphi, C++). When I want to use this library with Labview, I can reach the various functions but the passage of the arguments appears erroneous to me. Somebody can it help me. Precision, I do not want using a OPC server.

Example of a function of the DLL

ADAM5KTCP_SendReceive5KTCPCmd (char szIP [], char szSendToTCP [], char szReceiveFromTCP [], char szModbusSend [], char szModbusReceive [])

How do I have to define the nature of my variables szIP, szSendToTCP, etc

Could you post a quick example of a VI using a call, and the data you expect and what you actually get? Also include an image of the Call Library Node configuration window. I suspect your string calling method in the DLL call is the issue. Try changing that.

Example of a function of the DLL

ADAM5KTCP_SendReceive5KTCPCmd (char szIP [], char szSendToTCP [], char szReceiveFromTCP [], char szModbusSend [], char szModbusReceive [])

Couldn't help but notice the "Modbus" in the function definition. Maybe you can find out if this device talks Modbus. There are Modbus VIs available from NI for free download (though their quality isn't the best).

-Khalid