Compare image

Hi,

I want to know if its possible to compare 2 images with LabView (or with RoboLab).

I got a webcam that will take pictures and when he takes 2 (or more) pictures that are identical i want LabView to tell me so.

If anybody has a idea a screenshot of the block diagram will be nice.

Thanks!

Hi,

I want to know if its possible to compare 2 images with LabView (or with RoboLab).

I got a webcam that will take pictures and when he takes 2 (or more) pictures that are identical i want LabView to tell me so.

If anybody has a idea a screenshot of the block diagram will be nice.

Thanks!

Anything is possible, my friend, but the relative ease depends on what tools you have.

If you have NI Vision, then you have the IMAQ Subtract function. I assume you do not have this.

Your other option is to convert the image to a 2D array and subtract the elements and make decisions based on the overall differences (i.e. a "Matrix Norm"), since 2 pics with a camera are never the same.

1. What have you tried already that did not work?
  2. What webcam and software are you using?
  3. What level of accuracy do you need in deciding that the image is different?

Rather than post here and ask for a solution, show us what you have tried yourself. We don't do homework here. That is what this post sounds like, asking for some one here to do your homework.

Post a VI showing what your second or third attempt is, list your components (HW & SW) and what you think might be wrong, list the steps you were thinking of doing next to try to solve this problem yourself.

Show us that you are working on this yourself and you might get some of us interested in helping you.

:thumbup:

Simply asking for a solution doesn't usually get as much response around this forum

:nono:

(Not unless our coffee was really, REALLY good that morning ...)

colinchristofferson

Ur right i dont have vision I thought id would be possible with robolab, but I guess im wrong?

Ill try ur idea with that 2d array. Thanks for the tip.

Michael ashe:

My post got nuffin to do with homework. But if I read ur post it looks like ur a teach or desperately tryin to be one. In college nobody ever asked bout a list of things don and stuff and her he comes askin me that. I just asked bout sum ideas that might help me.

My post got nuffin to do with homework. But if I read ur post it looks like ur a teach or desperately tryin to be one. In college nobody ever asked bout a list of things don and stuff and her he comes askin me that. I just asked bout sum ideas that might help me.

if you expect answers from experts, you should ask expert questions.

you do not ask an engineer, working in the space industry, either : "will that rocket fly?". but you maybe will ask him questions like: "do you use an open or closed loop control to keep the oxygen throuput stable at the main inlet valve?". (any my guess is, he will use closed loop ...)

furthermore: snaping to michael will disqualify you to any further qualified answer.

last but not least: michael was friendly based on his coffee index!

(Not unless our coffee was really, REALLY good that morning ...)

have you ever thought about buying an "SENSEO" from Phillips? I've got one, and my coffee allways tastes wonderfull at weekend