non removable copyright information

I would be glad to see, if there were a possibility to add a copyright information to the Block Diagramm, which can only be removed with a password. It could look like e.g. the "Demo Version Branding".

If you ask me why: I'd like to be sure, that the students from labviewforum.de do not pass out my demos as their own invention ;) and you could easily brand a VI as Open Source, etc ....

What do you think about that?

I would be glad to see, if there were a possibility to add a copyright information to the Block Diagramm, which can only be removed with a password. It could look like e.g. the "Demo Version Branding".

It seems like a good idea, but with an easy workaround. Just grab the code, Ctrl-C, then Paste it into an empty VI. You could add something that checks if ALL the code is selected, and send the copyright with the Paste. Maybe ANY copy from the code would include the copyright.

Another problem perhaps: what if the destination already has a copyright? How would the Paste handle that?

David

It seems like a good idea, but with an easy workaround. Just grab the code, Ctrl-C, then Paste it into an empty VI. You could add something that checks if ALL the code is selected, and send the copyright with the Paste. Maybe ANY copy from the code would include the copyright.

Another problem perhaps: what if the destination already has a copyright? How would the Paste handle that?

David

hmmm .... good objection

what about that: a "copryright node", something similar to a e.g. disable structure, which can be "locked" with a password?

Or what about a password protected VI, where you can choose, if the BD is viewable (but not editable) or not? (I think, that would be the easiest way to implement that ...)

"I'd like to be sure, that the students from labviewforum.de do not pass out my demos as their own invention "

For that single example you could paste an image of the BD on the FP, then arange your controls and indictors to overlap their terminals of the pasted image....

Then just password protect the code.

That way they can see inside without having to look inside.

Ben

...or what about a password protected VI, where you can choose, if the BD is viewable (but not editable) or not? (I think, that would be the easiest way to implement that ...)

:2cents: Now that's a good idea - and you're right, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement, as all you're really talking about is making the "Change to Edit Mode" functionality password protected at the VI level - the users could still open the VI, run it, see the BD, even open subVIs, but they wouldn't be able to edit the diagram...

"the users could still open the VI, run it, see the BD, even open subVIs, but they wouldn't be able to edit the diagram..."

You would also have to disable any copying abilities from that code. Forces someone to build that block diagram all by themselves. Piece by piece. At least for students that would be a nice feature. For proprietary code, just leave it with the BD locked completely.

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly there was (about one year ago?) a thread where one could put a constant or something similar onto the diagram, perform some operations and then the element couldn't be selected anymore. It stays on the block diagram unmovable.

Unfortunately I don't remember how it worked and haven't found the thread yet.

Edit: I have found the thread: "Hide Control" on typedef...