Palettes in LV 8

Hello folks,

I have - again - a Problem with LV8. I am about to release a new version of my ADO-Toolkit (1.5) and I experience some problems, regarding the palette set:

I have developed the new version on my Laptop with LV 7.1. After finishing the LV 7.1 Version, I copied the ADO-Toolkit folder from the LV 7.1 vi.lib/addons directory to the LV 8.0 vi.lib/addons directory and incorporated the LV8 specific code. I started LV 8.0.1 and the palette-set is the same as in LV 7.1 (on my laptop).

I copied the LV 7.1 Toolkit from the Laptop to LV7.1 on my PC and everything was fine. But when I copied the LV 8.0.1 version from my Laptop to my PC, I got the palette-view in LV8 of ADO-Tool V1.4.1, which was "installed" on this machine before the "update" to 1.5, and I can not figure out, how to tell LabVIEW 8 to use the new Palette view :(

post-885-1143373193.png?width=400

What I have tried already:

• (with closed LabVIEW) replaced the ADO-Toolkit folder in vi.lib/addons with the new one (ADO-Tool 1.5/LV8.0.1 from the laptop), started LabVIEW 8 => old palette set
  • (with closed LabVIEW) deleted the ADO-Toolkit folder in the vi.lib/addons directory, started LV8 --> edit palette set (without making any changes) & save chances (the ADO-Toolkit sub palette was removed automatically, not even "Addons" was there...), closed LabVIEW --> copied the new ADO-Toolkit folder (ADO-Tool 1.5/LV8.0.1) into the vi.lib/addons directory, started LabVIEW, the ADO-Toolkit palette was there again, but with the palette set of the old (1.4.1) version.
  • I found a post at forums.ni.com that says: you have to copy the dir.mnu files in the "menus" or "menus/default" subdir of LV 8. I did, but nothing changes, I have still the old palette set.

The really strange thing is:

On my Laptop all worked fine, as I expected, maybe because I copied it from LV 7.1? But I cannot get rid of the "old" palette view in LV8 on my PC.

I really would appreciate if, if someone could give me a tip, how I can make sure, that the people, who download and use the ADO-Toolkit for LV 8, get the correct palette set. And I think, it's not only a problem for me, but for everyone, who wants to develop a toolkit.

Thank you in advance,

CB

just to bring up the thread again ...

has noone else yet experienced this behaviour? has noone a tip for me?

:sob:

LabVIEW 8.0 stores palette edits in the LabVIEW Data folder (usually found in My Documents). Try looking in there -- you might want to delete all of this palette data.