line draw blob in picture control

I tried to build a growing arrow with the picture controltoolkit and succeeded, but found an interesting blob at the end of a vertical line.

simply draw a line with thicknes 5 and the end will have a blob in the positive x direction.

not a big one but you can see it.

I changed my arrow drawing algoritme to line thickness 1 and fill but could not resist to ask if this is my windows that generates the problem or a bug in the picture control toolkit

Anyhow it is the same in lv8.01

attached is a simple vi to show the blob(I guess that the line is extended with one extra positive x pixel.

Download File:post-175-1144938147.vi

I tried to build a growing arrow with the picture controltoolkit and succeeded, but found an interesting blob at the end of a vertical line.

simply draw a line with thicknes 5 and the end will have a blob in the positive x direction.

not a big one but you can see it.

I changed my arrow drawing algoritme to line thickness 1 and fill but could not resist to ask if this is my windows that generates the problem or a bug in the picture control toolkit

Anyhow it is the same in lv8.01

attached is a simple vi to show the blob(I guess that the line is extended with one extra positive x pixel.

Albert

yep get the same thing here.... LV8.0.1 Win XP SP2.... you can start to see it at a thickness of 2.

Dan

Don't yet know if it has anything to do with the problem, but in your example the pen width is set a 5, but if you open and watch the "Set Pen State.vi" front panel you should see that it shows a line setting of 1, not 5. I even probed the cluster wire in, which reads 5, but the VI FP still shows 1.

Hmm, guess this could be because it is set to subroutine execution.

Don't yet know if it has anything to do with the problem, but in your example the pen width is set a 5, but if you open and watch the "Set Pen State.vi" front panel you should see that it shows a line setting of 1, not 5. I even probed the cluster wire in, which reads 5, but the VI FP still shows 1.

Hmm, guess this could be because it is set to subroutine execution.

[humor]

Michael,

So, the "Set Pen State.vi" shows as number one no matter what... Could it be the vi might have been written by a Penn State alumni?!?

:laugh:

So, somehow I just don't see a problem with that... ;)

[/humor]

-Pete Liiva

So, somehow I just don't see a problem with that... ;)

Neither do I Pete. If you set the VI to Normal execution the control updates fine. I've played with this a bit now and can't see why the nib gets formed on vertical strokes. Guess someone's found an honest to goodness bug. Good thing Michael's not selling off LAVA or we couldn't keep talking about this :laugh:

Just checked the picture wire by "un-typecasting" it (see picture):

post-253-1145881997.png?width=400

Run the vi and theck the typecast output. It shows that the value "5" is written correctly to the picture-wire.

Now change the line type from "solid" to e.g. "dot":

post-253-1145882123.png?width=400

...strange "antenna" that is written on top of the line.

To me it looks like the drawing algorithm of the picture control has really a bug... maybe the algorithm that produces the rounded end of the line.