How can I read the data size through my network card

You might find the answer to that question here.

what is wrong ? you don't know what my queries or my issue has some thing wrong ? and why you told me that link address ?

what is wrong ? you don't know what my queries or my issue has some thing wrong ? and why you told me that link address ?

Maybe I hasn't given the details, See below link for details, the same problem.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=183910

and why you told me that link address ?

I posted you that address to help you understand (in a friendly way) why you hadn't gotten a reply to your question yet. Since you didn't understand what I was getting at: I wanted to point out the it is very bad form to either re-post your original question or post a reply to your question with the intent of just getting everyone to look at it again. Not only is it bad form, it won't help your cause - in fact, it'll probabaly hurt it as you may have offended the person(s) that could very-well help you. Also, you gave us less than 24hrs to answer your question before you resorted to make us look at it again - LAVA users are spread across the globe, so we're in all sorts of timezones, and what you did was just plain rude.

In summary: it's a user-based forum - none of us are getting paid to help you, our livelyhood doesn't rest on bowing to your needs, so being pushy will get you nowhere. If someone can and wants to help you, then they will. If not, then you'll just have to get over it.

I posted you that address to help you understand (in a friendly way) why you hadn't gotten a reply to your question yet. Since you didn't understand what I was getting at: I wanted to point out the it is very bad form to either re-post your original question or post a reply to your question with the intent of just getting everyone to look at it again. Not only is it bad form, it won't help your cause - in fact, it'll probabaly hurt it as you may have offended the person(s) that could very-well help you. Also, you gave us less than 24hrs to answer your question before you resorted to make us look at it again - LAVA users are spread across the globe, so we're in all sorts of timezones, and what you did was just plain rude.

In summary: it's a user-based forum - none of us are getting paid to help you, our livelyhood doesn't rest on bowing to your needs, so being pushy will get you nowhere. If someone can and wants to help you, then they will. If not, then you'll just have to get over it.

crelf,

Firstly, thanks your reminding, I knew it all actually, and sorry to give this inconvenience to others.

and I want to say, my original mind is that I was very urgent to solve this case, and my boss chases me about it, I am searching the solution in every and different way. for the hurry up time, so I did (issued second words) , haven't think more about, and my start point isn't much you said, just to tell my hurry condition. anyway, if someone hurt from it, I say sorry again !

crelf,

Firstly, thanks your reminding, I knew it all actually, and sorry to give this inconvenience to others.

and I want to say, my original mind is that I was very urgent to solve this case, and my boss chases me about it, I am searching the solution in every and different way. for the hurry up time, so I did (issued second words) , haven't think more about, and my start point isn't much you said, just to tell my hurry condition. anyway, if someone hurt from it, I say sorry again !

In that case you should have taken the time to really explain what you are trying to do. If it is so important and your boss is chasing you it is even more important to invest some time on your behalve. Your original request could have meant anything and nothing and while I would probably have known an answer to what you were looking at, I was simply flabbergasted at what it might be that you would want to achieve and having only limited time at my hands I decided to move on rather than try to second guess your intended operation and write a lengthy response with the about 5 different possible things I came up your request could mean while reading your post.

Usually it is much more productive to invest some of your own time upfront if you want other people to spend some of their time for you, rather than reposting and needing to explain afterwards in numerous reposts what you really wanted to achieve. And with a good explanation of what you wanted to do you could have gotten a useful response here as well as on NI Developer Exchange probably in a lot less than 24 hours!

Rolf Kalbermatter

Oh - well that's completely different! :rolleyes: In that case, check out this link.

He he, :) thanks all, I don't know you would keep and funny, I think that is different custom between different round of life, and different behavior, at our around life (fourms), you can see this topic and contents everywhere, and we get the good result normally, people would issue the words like me as they meet urgent case normally , and the question hasn't responsed at a time (at the other forums) ,as we see it, we would know him/her, he/she must meet some urgent things, we know it, this is just a signal, his/her an urgent signal ,yup if we know or we have a free time, we will put down some not important things to help him/her, with the website, or ask the other friend, where has it or who knows it. and nobody would pay us too, our attitude would be more relaxed, no matter the asker is a friend at network or our friend around, we would not be focal a person what he/she said, certainly, He/She doesn't rate somebody or a country. just a simple talking or sentence, should we ,or we must point out his/her behavior right or wrong ? I don't think so, different people has different value or behavior, and this is a technologic forums, you can share you know and ask you don't know, you are free really, Yup. if my issue is not clear about the question, you can ask me to give details or enclose attachment if you are interested in my question or want to give me a help, I also help the other too, and nobody hasn't paid anything to me also. even at NI forums, the last, I want to say again, people (like my issued) tells something urgent, it is just a signal, a urgent signal, not the other, and I haven't pointed out which one should or must answer my question, I just to tell an ardour man, I meet an urgent case, do you know it ? if you don't know too, would you help me to seek the other channel or website or ask your friend, even this help hasn't any pay back. I think an ardour man would do it, at least much of around friend would do this.

...just a simple talking or sentence, should we ,or we must point out his/her behavior right or wrong ?

This forum is dedicated to a particular topic, and when you sign up for an account here, you're asked to follow the LAVA forum guidelines - the links I posted you were all from those guidelines. I'm not trying to chastize you, but instead guide you to better practises - if you follow these better practises then you'll have a much better chance of getting a more positive experice out of this (and any other) forum. If ypou would like to ramble on about anything, then that's what the LAVA Lounge is for.

Hello,

Anybody knows how can I read the data size through network card, the data size includes sent/received , thanks in advance.

If you're using LabVIEW 7.1 or later and have loaded the Windows .NET 2.0 framework, you could try this.

Download File:post-949-1147734988.vi

15 May 2006 - Update: now attached HERE as well. Posting links from LAVA to the new NI forum was in poor form :thumbdown: on my part.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa. :(

http://community.ni.com/examples/net-interface-statistics/.

I usually post things on LAVA, but thought I'd get things started on the new NI Community site. Looks like I'm the first (non-NI) poster there! :D

If you're using LabVIEW 8 and load the Windows .NET 2.0 framework, you could try this.

http://community.ni.com/examples/net-interface-statistics/

I usually post things on LAVA, but thought I'd get things started on the new NI Community site. Looks like I'm the first (non-NI) poster there! :D

And prompted by http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=184494 I digged up one of my VI libraries IPtools.llb that happens to give you also some of this information and improved it a bit. Incidentially it does not use any .Net and therefore will run even under Win98 and NT 4 :D

At least if you use some older LabVIEW version, of course. The lib itself is in LabVIEW 6.1 so there should be almost anybody able to use it.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Download File:post-349-1147472635.llb

This forum is dedicated to a particular topic, and when you sign up for an account here, you're asked to follow the LAVA forum guidelines - the links I posted you were all from those guidelines. I'm not trying to chastize you, but instead guide you to better practises - if you follow these better practises then you'll have a much better chance of getting a more positive experice out of this (and any other) forum. If ypou would like to ramble on about anything, then that's what the LAVA Lounge is for.

Yes, I knew, And I have said thanks for your help, and said sorry for my inconvenience ? havn't I ?

and I found you distort my "urgent signal", and you told no body will not pay back topic etc, so I explain for you, or somebody only. tell urgent signal to the ardour man is not bad, all right ?

Yup. if my issue is not clear about the question, you can ask me to give details or enclose attachment if you are interested in my question or want to give me a help, I also help the other too, and nobody hasn't paid anything to me also. even at NI forums, the last, I want to say again, people (like my issued) tells something urgent, it is just a signal, a urgent signal, not the other, and I haven't pointed out which one should or must answer my question, I just to tell an ardour man, I meet an urgent case, do you know it ? if you don't know too, would you help me to seek the other channel or website or ask your friend, even this help hasn't any pay back. I think an ardour man would do it, at least much of around friend would do this.

You forget one thing here! People who answer your question here are NOT paid at all to do so and take the time from something else they may maybe just as much need to pay attention to. By making it unnecessarily work intense for us to give you some good answer you deprive yourself from many possibly good answers. If you think that this is alright then don't scream when your request hasn't been answered at all after 24 hours!

By making an urgent signal you most probably annoy most people (it definitely annoyed me) and just get even further from your goal of getting a helpful answer.

And that talk about ardour man and such, well I think you have no right to talk in such a way to someone like Chris. He has proven to give very useful answers to many posts here on LAVA and on other LabVIEW related channels and God knows where else, and I feel very much with his statements to your post and your defensive answers.

If you don't want to understand this that is your cookie but don't ask me ever to eat it.

Rolf Kalbermatter

You forget one thing here! People who answer your question here are NOT paid at all to do so and take the time from something else they may maybe just as much need to pay attention to. By making it unnecessarily work intense for us to give you some good answer you deprive yourself from many possibly good answers. If you think that this is alright then don't scream when your request hasn't been answered at all after 24 hours!

By making an urgent signal you most probably annoy most people (it definitely annoyed me) and just get even further from your goal of getting a helpful answer.

And that talk about ardour man and such, well I think you have no right to talk in such a way to someone like Chris. He has proven to give very useful answers to many posts here on LAVA and on other LabVIEW related channels and God knows where else, and I feel very much with his statements to your post and your defensive answers.

If you don't want to understand this that is your cookie but don't ask me ever to eat it.

Rolf Kalbermatter

:) For this, I have to say again, different forums life and different custom, OK, I will keep this forms custom. :)