LabView and IOtech

noob_E

Hi everyone. I'm sure my log in name is a dead give away but I'm sure glad I found this site. It's helped out so much already.

Just wondering if anyone uses IOTech as a DAQ. If so, do the two get along alright? Just wondering because we are currently using IOTech to acquire data on our testing but they want a more friendly GUI to go with it. I know (through the search function) that LabView's bought out IOTech so that should be a good indicator that the two work well together, right?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Even the noob-bashing kinds :) Good day, all!

Regards,

Adrian

. I know ... that LabView's bought out IOTech so that should be a good indicator that the two work well together, right?

I heard they bought Meassurement Computing but I did not hear about IOTech.

I have an application that i am in the final stages of delivering. Its for a an IOTech MultiScan 1200.

Less than 48 channels, no big deal.

96 channels, that another story!

Ben

I have an application that i am in the final stages of delivering. Its for a an IOTech MultiScan 1200.

Ben

This posting on the NI-Developer Exchange

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=188703#M188703

has some notes that could save some headaches.

Ben

Hi Adrian,

As one of the more outspoken "Noob-Bashers" let me welcome you to LAVA. Seriously, I hope you find a lot of code, techniques and new friends here.

I don't think it is true that we bash newbies in general here. What we take a dim view of is HH's, or "Homework Hustlers". People who ask us to do their homework or job for them without showing any indication that they themselves have tried to solve the problem on their own. You obviously did not do that, and as a result I think you will find a warm welcome from the regulars here.

Hope to see you around.

Cheers

Hi Adrian,

As one of the more outspoken "Noob-Bashers" let me welcome you to LAVA. Seriously, I hope you find a lot of code, techniques and new friends here.

I don't think it is true that we bash newbies in general here. What we take a dim view of is HH's, or "Homework Hustlers". People who ask us to do their homework or job for them without showing any indication that they themselves have tried to solve the problem on their own. You obviously did not do that, and as a result I think you will find a warm welcome from the regulars here.

Hope to see you around.

Cheers

Thanks you guys. It's one of those "the more I learn, the more I know I don't know much" kind of deals. I read the posts about the IOtech multi-scans and that's definitely good to know. Hopefully the test stations will not require more than just the 48 chanels. As of now I'm just trying to absorb everything I can about LabView and this site's been really helpful with that. I'll be sticking around for sure!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks you guys. It's one of those "the more I learn, the more I know I don't know much" kind of deals. I read the posts about the IOtech multi-scans and that's definitely good to know. Hopefully the test stations will not require more than just the 48 chanels. As of now I'm just trying to absorb everything I can about LabView and this site's been really helpful with that. I'll be sticking around for sure!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Adrian

I have worked with several IOTech devices including the 1200 Multiscan (piece of c___ in my opinion). Besides the Multiscan, the rest of the equipment has worked reliably and at a good speed. Our original drivers were written here using the basic GPIB comm VIs but it did find some drivers for LV from the IOTech site I think. They were written very poorly and I didn't want to spend the time trying to figure them out. I haven't messed with our drivers here much but if I can offer some advice I'll try. So like any GPIB device, they work well with LV but writing up the drivers will take a little time.

Dan

• 1 year later...

QUOTE (Ben @ Jun 13 2006, 10:40 PM)

Ben

Hi, I've been looking for some inforamtion on using Labview a IOtech Multiscan 1200 that we have already. This thread is the only place i've found anyone who have used Labview with the Multiscan. I am only a part-time Labview user- is it going to be very painful to get Labview to be compatible?

I'm trying to get hold of the Labview drivers that IOtech say are available at the moment - i guess they must be to communicate with the RS232. Has anyone had any recent experience/success with these?

Thanks

Any help would be much appreciated

QUOTE (Duncan @ May 8 2008, 12:29 PM)

Hi, I've been looking for some inforamtion on using Labview a IOtech Multiscan 1200 that we have already. This thread is the only place i've found anyone who have used Labview with the Multiscan. I am only a part-time Labview user- is it going to be very painful to get Labview to be compatible?

I'm trying to get hold of the Labview drivers that IOtech say are available at the moment - i guess they must be to communicate with the RS232. Has anyone had any recent experience/success with these?

Thanks

Any help would be much appreciated

NOTE: I replied to Duncan via PM with contact info for IOTech.

Ben

QUOTE (neB @ May 8 2008, 07:41 PM)

NOTE: I replied to Duncan via PM with contact info for IOTech.

Ben

Hi ben,

Thanks for the help, i've been in contact with IOtech now and have been offered some help by J Rys (who i think is probably guy you mentioned).

cheers

Duncan

QUOTE (Duncan @ May 9 2008, 11:57 AM)

Hi ben,

Thanks for the help, i've been in contact with IOtech now and have been offered some help by J Rys (who i think is probably guy you mentioned).

cheers

Duncan

Good!

I expect you will get help from John and find him both knowledgeable and brutally honest about the LabVIEW code and the hardware capabilities. I seem to rember him describing the "driver" saying something to the effect of "Yeah that was more an exercise in parsing text than...".

have fun,

Ben