mouse over hot area

Rayc

Hello All

My current application requires that the user be able to hover the mouse pointer over an indicator on the front panel (say a tempereture reading) and have a small window pop-up with extra information enclosed (say a SAR value), and disappear when the mouse moves on.

I simply have no idea where to begin, and would appreciate some assistance from others who may already have achieved this.

Thanks in advance guys...and gals.

Regards

Ray

Hi Rayc welcome to LAVA.

I have attached a sample VI that might give you some ideas. It is a simple way to display information that is triggered off the mouse enter and mouse leave event for the indicator in question.

I tried using the tip strip property of the indicator but the value does no update while the tip strip is visible.

For more advanced options, you may want to have a look at the examples for dynamic events that ship with LabVIEW.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: & :beer:

Download File:post-4848-1150864749.vi

sorry, I could not resist (as the question is allready solved):

mouse over a hot area? make sure is is made out of asbestos or watch it melt (and don't forget to protect your mouse pointer, it may melt, too, or even burn! ;)

cheers,

CB

wasn't it in "demolition man" where sly gets a rat-burger in the former severs of the city? :D
Indeed it was, and to quote his response when he finds out - "Best burger I've had in years". :D

And it also had a good call on "the Schwartzenegger presidential library"...

Fun movie... :yes:

sorry, I could not resist (as the question is allready solved):

mouse over a hot area? make sure is is made out of asbestos or watch it melt (and don't forget to protect your mouse pointer, it may melt, too, or even burn! ;)

cheers,

CB

Thanks guys for the tips....and the humour. Both made my day.

See you soon from downunder

Ray

Hi Rayc welcome to LAVA.

I have attached a sample VI that might give you some ideas. It is a simple way to display information that is triggered off the mouse enter and mouse leave event for the indicator in question.

I tried using the tip strip property of the indicator but the value does no update while the tip strip is visible.

For more advanced options, you may want to have a look at the examples for dynamic events that ship with LabVIEW.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: & :beer:

Thanks for the example Phil, unfortunately I'm using 7.1 and can't open it........

Ray