Hi,

I'd like to document my library similar way as NI does. To do this I need an image of each connector pane control block diagram terminal. For array and cluster controls I want to fetch the subitem images again the same way as NI does. This is where I fail. I didn't find a scripting function that using which I can get the images for array and cluster subimages. Does anybody have a good idea how to do this?

-jimi-

I'm fairly certain you won't find any image either. The Get Term Image method will work on all controls, but since controls inside a cluster don't have a terminal of their own, the image for it can't be returned. What you will probably need to do (and what NI probably does) is to hold a small bank of images for all the data types and use those images for controls inside clusters. Getting the images using scripting should not be all that hard.

Another option would be to write a simple piece of code which will copy the cluster's controls into a new VI and then use the Get Term Image to get their images. This should have the advantage of being more general and probably faster to code.

Hi Jimi,

Could you post some images of what you want, and some of what you got?

Also have a look at the printing functions, you have the options to print the controls that are connected with description and images.

If you save these to rtf-files you can import them into you're documentation.

And you could go into the report generation toolkit and save them to word files

HTML Help file generated:

post-2399-1152003189.jpg?width=400

With the following options:

post-2399-1152003237.jpg?width=400

or are you looking for this:

post-2399-1152007696.png?width=400

Ton