Who is presenting at NI Week

Mark Balla

So I can support my fellow LAVA members

and so I don't have to read the conference program this year

Will all the LAVA members presenting at NI WEEK 06 please tell us when and what you will be presenting.

Also if anyone has any seminars that they would recommend.

Great idea Mark!

I will be presenting and a few others here in my group @ Texas Instruments will be presenting also.

Here is my information

Session: E15

Session Title: The Art of Creating Dynamic; Flexible LabVIEW Applications

Session Speaker(s): Norman Kirchner, Gerald Albertini

Session Schedule: Thursday, August 10 @ 10:30 AM, Room: 11A/B

It's all about creative methods for creating dynamic LV programs

Hope to see you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let you gents know: I've had some horrific project issues that, whilst a pain-in-the-arse on their own, mean that I'm not going to be able to make it to NI-Week. As you can probably imagine, I'm not happy about it, but it's something that just has to be done.

Just thought I'd let you gents know: ... that I'm not going to be able to make it to NI-Week. As you can probably imagine, I'm not happy about it, ...

Ditto here, although I had a little more warning. I had really wanted to go this year, but the current client's projects were behind before I got here. Bummer.

You know, we should start thinking about having a couple of mid-winter LAVA-OpenG mini conferences, say a long 3-4 day weekend, and have two of them, one on each coast, or East & West USA, then if there was good attendence and interest look at having one in Europe or Down Under.

From my experience in developing projects, being gone for 5 days doesn't really make a difference in the long term success of a project. My guess is you're not just 5 days behind schedule. It actually might help to take a break, step back and evaluate the situation. Taking off for 5 days however might leave the client wondering if your company is taking the project seriously. It's more of a public relations issue than actually getting work done.

I've been at an employer where all personal improvement activities such as conferences and seminars where cut-off because projects were behind schedule. In retrospect it turned out that all projects were always behind schedule. No matter how much you push, projects get done when they get done, no sooner.

You know, we should start thinking about having a couple of mid-winter LAVA-OpenG mini conferences.

Here here! :thumbup: Maybe 180 degrees out of phase from NI-Week, but somewhere warm so us Northeners can have some winter respite...

From my experience in developing projects...

Whilst I share your musings, it doesn't apply to my project - I've got a very small window to get this system installed in, so every half a day counts (I've also got an unmovable task to complete in the first couple of weeks of September).

I work in a great environment where the decision to cancel of my NI-Week trip actually came down to me - and as much as it hurt, I know I made the right decision.

Sorry if this is off-topic ... :D

My presentation is Thursday at 10:30, Room 15.

"LabVIEW Embedded Application Programming"

If you're thinking about building an embedded LabVIEW thingee then come listen. Topics include programming for LV E, a cost/performance comparison of tools and platforms, and the steps required to take your idea from concept to reality.

I hope to see you there,

Richard

www.jembedded.com

"LabVIEW Embedded Application Programming"

If you're thinking about building an embedded LabVIEW thingee then come listen. Topics include programming for LV E, a cost/performance comparison of tools and platforms, and the steps required to take your idea from concept to reality.

I hope to see you there,

Richard

www.jembedded.com

Hey Richard! I'm looking forward to your presentation and seeing what's new and exciting in LabVIEW Embedded. See you next week :)

Richard

www.jembedded.com

You son of a gun. You're working my corner. That's my time slot.

We'll have to arm wrestle at the pub crawl for attendees.

Session: E15

Session Title: The Art of Creating Dynamic; Flexible LabVIEW Applications

Session Speaker(s): Norman Kirchner, Gerald Albertini

Session Schedule: Thursday, August 10 @ 10:30 AM, Room: 11A/B

BTW how did JKI become the "poster boys" for NIWeek 06? :P That's awesome.

I have no idea, actually. It could be pure chance or it could be a conspiracy :shifty: Either way, I guess that's what happens when you sit in the front row :)

That's my time slot.

Sorry, Norm, I wasn't trying to take sides. I really want to learn about The Art of Creating Dynamic; Flexible LabVIEW Applications, too.

I'm looking forward to the arm wrestling match, guys.

• 1 year later...